Saltwater fishing licenses in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by jerseycat9, Dec 8, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well its official after January 1st we will need a saltwater fishing licence in New Jersey. I dont see why I have to pay money to use a public beach in the middle of the fall and now they want to tax my fishing when I get there. If they were to use the money for improvements to the fishery Im all for it. But lets face it this is New Jersey the most crooked state government in the country this money is goin to do nothing by way of im provement. Im very angry with this news

2. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Well get a load of this:eek:oooh: as of just recently Florida just passed a law which adds an additional $100.00 to any fish violation you are charged with.

Just ask me how I know:angry: . In addition to that they are ALL mandatory court appearances

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm wonderin if I will need both licences for the lower river due to the fact its brackish water. LOL!

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    watch next Im gonna have to have a catfish stamp in addition to a licence to keep catfish. What makes me mad is how are you going to charge me for a sport in wich mother nature is the one who stocks and replenishes this fishery. They ruined the striper fishery with the slot law and now this. And I can guarentee that I will see the same illegals fishing the same spots with the same short fish in there buckets. What is the point if your not going to enforce the laws in place already. The commercial fisherman opperate with impunity every year while the state cuts back the sportfishermans quota. We the fisherman put way more money into the state with the money we pay in gas bait dock fees and so on but yet we are the ones who suffer

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    George I would not be surprised if you got a ticket for both in the same day with this state

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Terry we in North Carolina are also being hit with a "recreational" license for saltwater seperate from your fishing license. If you have purchased a lifetime license you will be exempt. So you are not alone.

7. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    And in regards to the new liscense here, intercoastal areas you NEED to have both a fresh and saltwater liscense, because if you are stopped by Marine Fisheries, you need to have the saltwater, and if you get stopped by a game warden, you need to have a freshwater in the brackish areas covered by both agencies. I don't understand why the don't have one agency that covers it all and just have one liscense that covers it all.

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I'm glad we finally got the saltwater license passed.
    All it took to convince me was a few fishing trips up north.
    15 dollars to park because we have out of state tags. License this and license that.
    Now buddy, when you drag the family kicking and screaming to NC beaches this summer and you want a little time alone fishing, YOU ARE GOING TO PAY.:big_smile:

I've never really had a problem with fishing license because somebody has to check them. If somebody is out there checking them then I know somebody is having to enforce game and fish laws. 15 bucks a year aint squat for some of the best surf fishing to be had in the entire country.

9. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Well I guess you better hurry up and come down to GA then, cause lisence down here is only $9.00 for fresh and salt. So come on down.

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I have an expired Jawja license in my wallet.

11. DryHole

DryHole New Member

State:
    Katy Texas
    Get this ... Texas Fresh and Salt..... $36.00...

I have to say that in all my years of fishing I have never been asked to show it..

I guess now that I have opened my mouth It'll happen soon.. LOL I dont mind paying the fee's as I feel it goes to good use.. Now thats what I have told myself and I dont think of the Goverment BS:big_smile:

12. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Here in FL, as far as Saltwater is concernd, you don't need a license if you are fishing from land and or anything that is attached to land. I don't know if they do this anywhere else but here if you are saltwater fishing off a charter boat you aren't required to buy a license. That makes it kinda nice for those who are non-residents & only want to fish a few times.

Other than that you can buy a resident combo salt/fresh water fishing license for $23.50.

You are not required to have a freshwater license if you are fishing from land, using a rod w/o a reel & doing so in the county in which you reside.

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I realy don`t mind paying for a License As long it is earmarked for the game and fish com I do think that a lot of states gouge the Nrs that come to fish in there states They would probaly take in more revenue if they charged the same as Rs because Of camping fees motels gudes food etz:big_smile: