SALTFORK lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by varmint_sniper, Jul 29, 2009.

1. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    hows the flathead fishing on saltfork lake been guys ? what baits should i try to target the BIG BOYS? $ is tight so goildfish are out :angry: ! lol ill be bank fishing and was wonderig if someone could point me in the right direction thax...sniper

2. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    salt fork has been a little slow... last night me and 2 buddies got skunked but 2 nights ago i landed a 10# flatski.... i heard morning glory boat ramp is doing good :)

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hey Will hope you get onto some nice ones good luck!

4. bigcat54

bigcat54 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Flatheads are spawning late at Salt Fork. Caught a small one and eggs came out. So I gently slid the fish back into the lake. This was last week.

Chad

5. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    well if thats the cast mabey i should go back to clendening for at least 1 night ? lol

6. jcat61

jcat61 Guest

I caught a 20 last friday night, same thing, picked her up, and her eggs were flowing.

7. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    Guy's how would you fish saltfork if the flats are spawning late? what should i look for ? iam bank fishing mind ya but i would really like a chance at least to tie into a flathead? any info helps thax....sniper

8. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am fishing with will this weekend at salt fork and am also wondering the same thing...we have heard for atleast 3 flats in the past week full of eggs....are they flukes or did they just spawn that late this year?:confused2:..... hoping to hear some more input from this post before we leave tomorrow...Ide still like to chance it but its a decent haul for us and dont wanna waste the fuel if we are gonna get boned....maybe we will hit clendening if we dont hear much else? thanks for the spawning reports tho guys!

9. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    I don't know what we should do either Dave but Bigfoot and I will meet up you wherever you guys end up. They are a full of eggs but are still being caught, I had a bad night at Clendening with Will not a single fish to my credit and I tried 10 ft from shore on the bottom and 6 or 7 feet down also. We are gonna have a good sized group of people with us so need a location with some room, and let's hope the rain for the past few days turned something on. No matter what I'm gonna remain the Optimist on this trip.:cool2:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  10. Bigfoot!

Bigfoot! New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm just glad there are no Gar-madillos in Salt Fork to tease us! Lol. It will be a good time. I'd like to land a decent sized cat. The only way I could get a smaller cat than the only one I already caught is to hook a catfish egg. Lol. Jeez I'll keep my fingers crossed lol. :smile2: