salt water catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catoon, Sep 10, 2008.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    who here has ever fished for salt water cats i have and let me tell you they finn the mess out of you and talk about hurting man i almost cried like a big fat baby.i was in orange county al it was great yall should try it

2. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    Hardhead fin under the thumbnail will make a grown man cry.
    I love fishing for the gafftops but all we ever catch are small ones in Galveston.

3. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Hardheads are in the surf a lot, and are no good for anything....

but drifting in west Galveston Bay I've caught several good Gafftops. First thing you do is clip the spikes, then into the cooler... Very good eating.

4. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't think gafftops get much bigger than 5lbs..Hardheads are good for 1 thing,we used them for crab bait..

5. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    saltwater cats are fun to catch and some good eating when nothing else is bighting.LOL

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    When I lived in Pennsacola I caught a bunch of hardheads as you guys call them and they sting worse than any other . The STING or puncture as it really is . With freshwater cats if you rub the cut on the fishes belly it will reduce the sting effect don't know if it works on saltwater cats . It may be worth a try I have pppppeeeeeed on jellyfish stings it helped . When thats all your catching though at least its something . :wink:

7. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    I fished the beach at Bilouxi before. I was going for Flounder but all I caught was Croaker a.k.a Saltwater Drum and tiny Catfish that looked like little Channelcats. None of these fish were over a half pound.

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    yes they are real good to eat OYEA:cool2:

9. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Me and my dad, mainly my dad, fish for em while in Panama, Fl. when im with him during the summer, and i agree with you all, they sure do taste good :roll_eyes:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  11. fishinhole

fishinhole New Member

State:
    Georgia
    i have caught a few saltwater cats off the pier on jekyll island ga. they were fun to catch, but they were small tho. caught them on cut squid .