Salt River

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by seahaggy, May 29, 2008.

1. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    :eek:oooh: Was just checking in with all you fishing guys and girls at West Point. From what i can see in the paper the river seems to be settleing down finally but i need your input. I live so far away that i have to ask and get as much info before going. Gas is trying to make me a part time fisherman. :angry: I rode up there a few weeks ago and it was a fifty dollar trip just in gas for the truck and boat. We did'nt catch any fish but it sure was sweet just to be on her.There were white caps a rollin across her. I took a friend who had never been there so i gave him a ride from hell with her being so rough but what are you going do we drove an hour just to get there. Anyway he was a hangin on and useing a few nice words to let me know i was killin him and his back. Funny thing later on when we returned home i got a call from him and he said his back had bothered him for years and the ride from hell that i took him on had made his back feel really well. Guess it jared all them bones back in place. :smile2: So i tried to explained the bill that he would receive from me for the services and he told me to go to hell which i mentioned to him been riding around on her already today and i've had enough. Let me know when we can try it again he said hell was good on my back. I said hell will freeze over before i take you again. We just laughed , fishing buddies are the best. :0a17:

2. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    As I look out my window, I have never seen a sight so beautiful. SHE IS GOING DOWN. I'm guessing she is at 17 ft this morning, and flat. Got home from work last night while there was still enough ligt to see. The only waves on her were from fish rolling and jumping. Summer pool is 14-13 feet here. So calm I canoe across her with no problems. If you are planning on coming back, IM me a day or 2 before and I can let you know how she looks.

Linda

3. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    :big_smile: Thanks for the info. I am going to wait a few more days we have had alot of rain North of us , calling for rain around here Saturday so i am planning on Monday.