Salt River

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Salty1, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Just wanted to let all of you know I am going to the Salt in about 15 min. I will post what the results are later this evening. I will be using Skipjack mostly. Wish me luck !! I definitely need it !!!!:tounge_out:

2. pbrdrnkr

pbrdrnkr New Member

State:
    kentucky
    HEY GOOD LUCK WHAT PART OF THE SALT ARE YOU FISHING. I LIVE IN FERN CREEK NOT TO FAR FROM YOU. I'M GOING UP TO INLAWS POND FOR A LITTLE WHILE JUST TO CHECK THINGS OUT.

3. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I hope u had some luck. You took the first step and that is putting some bait in the water. how is taylorsville looking.

4. fess

fess New Member

State:
    kentucky
    good luck to ya.

5. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Okay .... I did'nt get skunked. We had a few bites but only brought one in. It was a Drum about 2lbs.:big_smile: We started out with Skipjack as bait then switched to pork liver with no results. Nightcrawlers is what I was getting bites on and it helped me land the small Drum. I have many areas on the Salt that I access it. Sunday I was behind the conference center in Shepherdsville.

6. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good luck and be carefull hope u catch the big one.

7. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Im worried about the same thing im heading out this weekend for a local lake here, stay the whole weekend hope i dont get skunked either.

8. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey friends: good to be back on the BOC....Miss all the things going on here and the replies i use to get from other catfishing persons....Also on that trip to Taylorsville Lake well you are ahead of me but not by far though, plan on a trip soon as i get the ole battries going...So good luck on your trip and please leave me 1 over 10 inches...I had posted quite a while ago on here about a guide i knew but still have had no luck catching up with him...So i looked up the website for guides in the Area and i am posting it here for you all to look at...It comes from the Dept. of Kentucky Fish and Wildlife in Frankfort Ky.......I hope this will lead someone to a guide that will meet their needs as i have helped others when i use to be a guide myself...

Kentucky Guide Services from the Ohio River Cin. Ohio to Lake Cumberland
    This link below takes you to the website from Kentucky Fish & Wildlife Frankfort Kentucky
    http://www.1fghp.com/ky#Ohio