Salt river

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by jasonhumble7, Jan 24, 2010.

1. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I went to salt river yesterday to tackel some more trout and the river is all messed up. You can tell it was really high at one point last week. All the fishing spots are under about 7 feet of water and moving really fast. Even if you wanted to get to them you would be walking in a couple feet of mud. So just for your info, its going to be a while before salt is trout ready again...

2. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Dang, I have to check, but I dont recall a phone call!! Me and Vinny went day one of the storm and caught seven, but the water was really low, like two feet max. Went by the other day, and it was raging.

3. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I took my little girl to dead horse a couple days ago and we caught 9 in about an hour and a half. It was cool, snow was falling with the sun out and the fish were killin the rainbow power bait and my vibrax spinner. We stayed as long as she could stand the cold....sure made it easier that she was catchin fish!!!

4. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    That is flatout awesome! Can't wait to hit some more water with you in the Summer time!

5. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    It was a good time for sure, this summer I gotta head your way and check out that "screaming" hole on the salt..lol

6. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    The only thing that sux about my hole, is that it doesnt produce numbers, but it usually produces quality! Lots of Lake Roosevelt this year, and Upper salt in a pontoon boat for sure this year!

7. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'm totally down for rosie!! I am only racing part time this year so there will be plenty of fishin time!! Only thing that sucks is with all this rain rosie will be at %100 again, lots of water to cover to find those big ole flat cats.

8. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    cool by me, I will be up in the river, going to explore tonto this year also.

9. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I like FAT Rosie!!!

10. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The only problem I have with a full rosie is that all my success came in the late 90s and early 2000s when the lake was low. Now that its full I have a hard time picking where to fish because it all looks so good!!