SALT RIVER

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by jogle1023, May 21, 2009.

1. jogle1023

jogle1023 New Member

State:
    Shepherdsville
    Well the salt river at westpoint is no longer a huge log jam. They came in this week and a tug boat blew the log jam apart and it is a mess. At least now we can get all the way back now in a few days after it floats away...

2. John Jennings

John Jennings New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I fished the salt yesterday while the tug was there, I had to navigate the river by trolling motor. The creek was popping with white bass and skips. my buddy hauled in 1 channle cat weighing about 2 pounds. the river had cleared up a lot by 6-7 o'clock when the tug started cavatating and pushing all the crap out into the ohio. there was still a large amount of debris left yesterday at 8 p.m i don't know if the came back and removed the rest of it.

3. sittinheavy

sittinheavy New Member

State:
    ky
    any recent updates? thinking about heading out there this weekend.

4. stinkyrod

stinkyrod New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ive heard the creek before the bridge has produced alot of skip jack where at and what to use?

5. stinkyrod

stinkyrod New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I bank fished yesterday for about an hour and ahalf no luck the water has a lot of junk in it still

6. sittinheavy

sittinheavy New Member

State:
    ky
    appreciate it. looking at heading to the boat ramp area in west point this saturday. they were catching some decent flatheads last weekend on blue gills.

7. John Jennings

John Jennings New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I FISHED THE SALT AT WEST POINT MONDAY AFTERNOON AND ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING WAS BITING!!! THE RIVER WAS UP A LITTLE, SLIGHTLY MUDDY AND CLUTTERED WITH TRASH. THE LOG JAM IS GONE AND AS FAR AS I HAVE SEEN SO ARE THE SKIPS AND WHITE BASS. THERE ISN'T MUCH OF A CURRENT ANYMORE AND I HAVE NOT NOTICED MUCH TOP WATER ACTION EXCEPT FOR THE OCCASIONAL SHAD. THE SNAKES HAVE BEEN ACTIVE BY THE TRAIN BRIDGE, THERE IS A HUGE PILE OF BRUSH AND TREES ON THE BANK LEFT OVER FROM THE RISING WATER AND THE SNAKES ARE POURING OUT OF THERE...USE CAUTION!

8. CatCannon23

CatCannon23 New Member

State:
    kenutcky
    does any1 know if the white bass are jumping along the bank? and i live close to salt but havent fished it much....does any1 have any tips or suggestions i have a boat but since you cant go past the military bridge not really worth getting it out....would love sum suggestions or tips

9. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Man i fished the salt last night with NO LUCK what so ever. Not even a good bite. Tried live shad, cut shad, and nightcrawlers. The current seems VERY slow and the fish are jumping maybe once every 2 or 3 minutes. A fella had some limb lines out there and caught a few flatties, he said. We were fishing from the bank off the boat ramp and didnt get a single bite. :sad2:

10. TheRegulator

TheRegulator New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    What do you use to catch white bass? I see them jumping up here in Cincinnati area in feeder creeks, but can't get them to hit anything.:eek:oooh:

11. sittinheavy

sittinheavy New Member

State:
    ky
    crawlers and live minnows. or rooster tails, grubs, rapala stick baits under 5", small crank baits, etc