Salt River Report

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Salty1, May 3, 2008.

1. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I went Thursday night until Friday morning on a piece of private prop. near the I-65 bridge that I have permission to be on and just slayed the cats. One nice Flathead just under 10 lbs. on live gill and also a Blue on live gill [8 lbs.]. The water was calm as could be and it seemed everything we threw out they were wanting to bite on. We had Skipjack,crawlers,strawberry chicken,shrimp,beef liver and red worms. We didnt count how many we had but I would say it was a easy 30 fish which was mostly channels. Hope this entices someone to try the Salt River but if you go PLEASE clean up after you leave there is enough litter bugs out there already.

2. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    sounds like a nice trip. I never cared much for fishing the salt river though. I seen a few weeks ago where they took out the lake there behind kart country I grew up fishing that lake it had some realy nice bass in it.but I agree everyone needs to pick up after their self before they leave anywhere they might be.

3. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks for the info on the Salt.I have always liked fishing in her and also where it empties into the Ohio , you just know it's a major highway for those Monster Catfish.

4. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I was told that Kart Country bought that lake and is planning on expanding the track to make the biggest track in the world but I dont know if its true:0a32:

5. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.

6. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Never had a pet cat-fish.How many times have you managed to catch it again?I would think it would be the master of it's domain.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great day fishing. Congrats and when are you going to let us know where that private property is.:big_smile:

8. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I have caught it three times since his introduction to the pond and each time it was on Skipjack.

9. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Did I mention that it was VERY PRIVATE ???:wink: