Salt River Log Jam Pics

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by river1214rat, Mar 29, 2009.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    This pictures were taken on Friday 3-27-09 of the massive log jam on Salt River by the 2nd railroad bridge. This morning, Sunday, some of larger logs must have broke loose as I saw quite a bit of debris going downstream from my house. Really big logs spilling out of the Salt. On Friday, it would be impossible to travel by boat from this bridge to where the Ft. Knox boundary starts. The Salt River is up and muddier than I have ever seen her.

BE SAFE
    Linda

Attached Files:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm seein a flathead hotel.:wink:

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I would cast into that and not EVEN TRY to reel it back out until something hit it!

4. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I fished it Friday and was hoping to back today but she is up too much and rising.

5. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I believe I saw this last wed. when I was fishing on the bank above the gas lines. I caught three fish but only one was a keeper. We had bites all day but they just would not take it and run.:confused2:

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Linda,

I have fished that jam and caught fish, but to my surprise nothing large has come out of it for me!! This is my favorite spot when the wind is too strong to fish the Ohio (well it was when I lived up there)! I know that someday, someone will pull a monster out of there. There is always a good amount of bait to be caught right there also.

7. John Jennings

John Jennings New Member

State:
    kentucky
    we tried the other day and settled for a mess of white bass and small largemouths up in the creek. i pulled a couple of skips out of the logs and was a bit surprised. I will have to wait it out or maybe try the rough. This time of year can suck sometimes. I keep reminding myself everytime I see a log think.. Cover! I have been anxious to get back up there on the knox boundry but I guess once again I will have to wait it out! good luck all!

8. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    Are we sure this is not a beaver dam. Is this not close to Knob Creek. Was wondering how the water level was. I will be up there this weekend for the Machine Gun shoot.

9. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    No Beaver dam; probably where so many trees and limbs feel from the ice storm and the water just got up high enough to bring them down stream. One big tree gets stuck and the rest is history.

10. John Jennings

John Jennings New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I would hate to see the beaver it would take to make this. It covers the entire width of the river bank to bank and is about 100 ft up river. It is a mess!

11. kevins

kevins New Member

State:
    Louisville, KY
    Those railroad pylons are great places for cats to hide out.

12. jogle1023

jogle1023 New Member

State:
    Shepherdsville
    I fished the jam on the 16th of march and had my hands full. I had 5 rods out and I could not move fast enough. I only caught one over 10lbs but I had fun. I seem to always fish by myself nowadays so if anyone ever want to ride hit me up. I usually fish every weekend on the ohio.

13. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I might hit you up on that one day, ill be moving close to the greenwood boat ramp in a couple weeks.