salt river boat dock west point

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by drifter000, May 11, 2008.

1. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    whent out with my daughter and father in law to the salt river boat dock in west point . had a few bites but no luck yet. we had 6 poles out, used cut bluegill, minnows, shrimp, nightcrawlers, and a catfish attractant spray. i even tried my new catfish call, here fishy fishy!!lol no luck. i thought for sure the call would work. has anyone had any luck lately or is it just me. i think i have been sabotaged with a catfish repellant!! oh wel, there is always next weekend

2. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You must have got your fish call from a different place than i did. Mine goes here kitty kitty.:big_smile:It doesnt work either.

3. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Both of you have the call wrong...it is ...KITTY, KITTY, KITTEEEEE. Doesn't work for me either. :embarassed:

I have only caught one itty bitty cat this spring from the bank, nothing from the boat. (Except for the gal. bleach jug) The river is making fishing very hard. She can't make up her mine if she wants to go up or down, which makes more for the fishies to eat. Therefore the fishies aren't hungry. The rain needs to slow down so she can go down and stay down. We have only seen the tops of docks and then she covers them up again. The River Gods have not been nice to us this winter and spring, lots of erosion on the river bank.

BE SAFE

Linda

4. Scorpion

Scorpion New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Went out from Brandenbrg last week. We caught 2 small flatheads 5lb and 2lb, and 1 channel 8lbs. We were fishing snags along the bank with frozen skipjack

5. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Jim...welcome to the BOC! I have a friend who lives in Brandenburg and he is having better luck than we are in West Point. The next time you go, tell some of the fishies to come back up stream to West Point!! :roll_eyes:

Linda