Salt In The Wound

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by michiganwhitetailRLM, Sep 8, 2006.

1. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    I've done my share of complaining here on the BOC but you've got to hear this. One of my recent threads talked about how lazy folks can be when it comes to cleaning up after themselves. Man, i dont think its ever gonna change unless the DNR cracks down on this problem.I was out doing some fishing at the hollaway dam a few days ago and was blown away with the amount of trash laying everywhere. I'ts normal to see stuff here and there but this was bull$#!& . Aparently nobody could see the garbage cans nor did they care. For some one like me and my marine brother-in-law its like a wound to the heart. Now to add salt to that wound along comes a yellow truck,park and recreation on the door, 3 young men inside. They stopped the truck and look inside the garbage can next to the restroom, they get back into the truck and leave. I would like to know if our tax money pays their wages. I just couldn't believe they didn't take the time to clean up the rest of the area. Between three guys it would have only taken 20 minutes. Like I had said before some people are born lazy and some people are taught by their parents to be lazy but that's just my opinion and salt in the wound.

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I Know How You Feel,i Can't Stand To Have To Clean Up After Someone. When I'm Fishing My Spot Is Totally Clean When I Leave.

3. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Your tax dollars at work, I would have found someone to raise a little with after that deal witht the truck.

It does work too.

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey Rick, don't it fiqure! Can't stand that stuff either. Seems like some people don't want to work for a living. Even worse is the disrespect that people show to nature by just chuckin their garbage around and leaving it for someone else to pick up! Just don't get it, how hard is it to put trash in a trashbag and take it home after a fishing trip so it can be properly disposed of!

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

That horrible, did you report them? I have met and help the old guy that cleans up the "wilderness" areas around Jordan Lake, nice guy. Retired twice both times from Parks and Rec. He said the same thing about the "younger boys" that took his place for about 3 weeks, lazy, just wanted a check. I say if my big behind, 400 pounds, can pick-up my and other peoples trash, so can the people that are paid to do the job in the first place.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree,I usually take a bag and pick up my trash and any that is left by others.It makes me sick!!!

7. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I try to do what my old Scout Master told us to do, leave the area cleaner than you found it.

8. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    My brother in law is a US MARINE and he says that they have to remove all garbage from any area they train at. His words were," If it dont grow then its gotta go!", man that is so true!!! THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK EVERYONE!

9. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Ive been fishing a local spot called Walnut Creek, it's about 3 1/2 acre lake. The lake is run by the local DNR. There are 2 signs as you drive in. The first one has a picture of a trash can with a circle and a bar, as if to say they ban trash cans. The next sign states " Pack it in, pack it out."

Every time I fish this place, I find myself picking up garbage around the areas that I fish. This place doesnt even have trash cans, and the DNR guy that lives there, and locks the place up at 10:00 p.m. sharp, doesnt have to deal with trash cans. It disgusts me that $17 million of taxpayers money went to build this place, and they couldn't spend $150 on a half dozen trash cans.