Salt Fork this weekend.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by KatfishKyle, Jul 2, 2008.

1. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    This weekend ill be staying down at Salt Fork Sat. night and Sun. night at the state park campground. If anyone is in the neighborhood stop on by, I should be at the campground most of the daylight hrs and heading out in the evenings. Ill be on a primitive spot. White Dodge Ram with a white matching cap. Pm for cell #.

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    May try to make it out there this weekend Kyle. I won't swear to it by no means but if the river ain't fishable just might have to make a run over that way.

3. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I hope to make it out there sometime this weekend

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you have a very good trip planned, Good luck and keep us posted on how it turns out for you

5. catfish42o

catfish42o New Member

State:
    portsmouth/ohio
    its a nice place to fish i went bass fishing their with my pops a few times. of course he has a boat so we could get some nice spots on the lake. becareful of the Grassman hes been spotted at salt fork 14 times this year.

6. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Kyle,
    Good luck with the fishing, hope you catch some big ones.

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Good Luck Kyle .... take your tape recorder and cameras with you incase you encounter the Grassman ... or better yet ... maybe you lawn mower or weed eater :wink: ... Garry-

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    good luck on the fishing

9. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Well just got back today (Sunday) I decided to go down Friday and stay till Sunday. Friday night I got skunked. Saturday night we caught between 25-30 channel cats, all small but good eaters. This one in the pic was the only decent one, The pic really doesnt do much justice because of the angle. And sad to say, no Grassman. We did put up with an angry beaver that wouldnt leave us alone. He was coming within 5 feet of us and we couldnt scare him off. Kinda humorous.

Attached Files:

10. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Sounds like a fun time, too bad you didn't get into any of them big flatheads. Maybe you should have used some of them channels for bait!

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    20-30 cats in one nights sounds like a great time to me. Good luck on future outings and keep us updated