Salt Fork S.P.

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by One Legged Josh, Aug 15, 2008.

1. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Heading down to Salt Fork next weekend for some kitty fishin. I've never been there before. Does any one have any pointers? I will be in my 12 foot jon boat. thanks.............josh

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    hit the coves.find some stumps and the like.got the fish in my avatar out of a cove like that,it was about 6 foot deep.on a bluegill.

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Good luck Josh. Let us known how you do.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck on your trip brother, let us know how it turns out!

5. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    I have caught a lot of channels out of there this year. If youre fishing for channels, fish deep water during the daylight hrs and head to the shallows at night. Ive been catching the channels on night crawlers in the deep water and chicken livers in the shallows. Hope this helps and good luck!

6. One Legged Josh

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the tips guys.

7. One Legged Josh

State:
    Ohio
    Everthings loaded leaving after 1/2 day @ work. Thanks again, I will post when we get back....olj

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck my brother, I hope you catch a Personal Best and make sure you post pics!

9. One Legged Josh

State:
    Ohio
    Im back in town now. Pretty uneventful weekend @ Saltfork. The water was 87 degrees! So, needless to say the tubers/wakeboarders etc were out in droves. We were trying circle hooks for the first time and had some pretty decent runs, Only ended up with one channel.
    I really wanted to hook up with a lake flattie! Thats why they call it fishing I guess....olj

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    at least ya tried.hard to go to a lake and fish it without a lot of first hand experience,or having someone with you who knows something about the lake.

11. One Legged Josh

State:
    Ohio
    Here is the 250 mile (round trip) channel! We did have alot of fun catchin bait on my flyrod though.
    I did have a decent run on a 9" bass. Wish I could have got the one that bit it. Thanks again.....

Attached Files:

12. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Long drive for sure there. Looks like you must have been using maybe shrimp on the hook?

13. One Legged Josh

State:
    Ohio
    We used shrimp,liver, gills, crawlers and a small bass. They didnt want any of it.