Salt Fork Reservoir flathead

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Joshua_898, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Joshua_898

Joshua_898 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just thought I would show everybody my catch of the night last night. Weighed out at 16 lbs, got him on a live blue gill off the bottom at about 10 pm last night out at Salt Fork.
    I think some of you may remember I put a thread in here last month some time saying that I was having a hell of a time getting anything out at Salt Fork. Well, I took one of my days off and just went driving around the lake one day earlier this month and found a spot I thought just might do it. And well, as you can see, doing my homework paid off. I caught a couple other channels last night with the one in the picture as well, all caught off live gills. Anyway, just thought I would share. Hope everyone is doing well and catching as well.

Attached Files:

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats! That's what it is all about - figuring things out and getting the payoff. I like fish like that so much more than dumb luck. Now you know what to look for and you can build on it!

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Nice fish man! It definitely makes you feel good when you study the body of water you're fishing and find likely spots and then it pays off for ya. Congrats on a well deserved fish.

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Nice fish. Keep us posted on things there.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    congrats, glad all that hard work paid off, thanks for sharing

6. CatfishCC

CatfishCC New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the fish!

7. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    Nice job, Josh! Sure is rewarding when the scouting pays off:smile2: Impoundments are the hardest waters to read, too ( in my opinion). The next challenge is determining where they're @ based on water conditions, temp etc.. Sounds like you're on the right track!

8. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well congrats to the nice catch there are some big ones in salt fork you just have to be at the right spot at the right time good luck in the future

9. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    NICE flattie !!!Ive been wanting to get out to Salt Fork but i prefer to fish it in late Sept and all of October !!!