salt fork lake flathead report

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by brandonbtbt, Sep 21, 2009.

1. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    so i have been out fishing salt fork about 15-16 nights in a row and haven't caught a single flattie.... i've only had about 5 runs and maybe 2 missed fish in this stretch..... it's not like i've been giving up early in the night we've been staying out until 4-5 am each night...

WHAT IS GOING ON!!!! everyone i've talked to says no one is catching any here and i was wondering if anyone else has....

we've been using goldfish, bluegill, crappie, shad (live/cut) and still havent gotten anything......

2. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    just have to figure out where they are. I know from my boss that there are some monsters in there. Hopefully your luck turns around

3. bigcat54

bigcat54 New Member

State:
    ohio
    As soon as the water temp starts cooling down a little bit they should turn on.

Chad

4. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There have been lots of big ones being caught at Salt Fork. I know of 2 over 40 from personal friends, and have talked to a few others that have caught 40-50 lbers. One guy was out caught a 48 and his buddy caught a 62. that was 3-4 weeks ago though.

Salt Fork Outdoors told me last weekend that people were gettin nice ones during the day between 10-3. There was a guy in about a half hour before me that caught a 34 around 1130 am.
    I have only made a few cattin trips there myself in the last couple months and have only caught a few fish. nothing with much size though.:sad2:

5. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    saltfork is also heavy limb lined and jugged and it could be that the fish are not where they used to be last trip to saltfork the guys and i watched 3ppl put up limb lines for over 3hrs in 1 bay no come on give me a break over kill in my oppion bet this has somethin to do with it ?....sniper

6. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I wouldn't doubt it one bit. I know of people down that way they brag on the big flats they catch, but they usually don't include that they used a bunch of bank lines, and/or also put out 6-8 rods each.

my last trip down there was on the same night as a tourney there. One boat had 3 guys they lined till nearly dark, then set up on shore. They nearly beached their boat trying to line one section, so it made us laugh. No they didn't even have legally marked lines either.
    Always amazes me how some of the people that get the largest fish and all the recognition for them are also many times the ones that also go out with 10-20 rods between 2-3 people. Not saying it's not a nice catch, but your odds are way better doing it illegally. Don't see how you can brag about that.

ok, my rant is over:tounge_out: