Salt Fork anyone?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rockbass, Oct 4, 2009.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Has anyone been cattin Salt Fork? The bait shop is saying lots of nice fish caught on Goldfish. Naturally they could be making it sound better than it is to sell some bait, but they are usually pretty good on reports.

2. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I have not, but if goldfish work, then some free netted shad should do well also. If not the shad, then some gills will do.

3. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    cant really say...personally ive never fished there or heard of it for that fact (till i got on here) might be a good spot to hit up next season.

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I'll be ther on October 24th for the Ohio State Catfish Classic. It's open to everyone.

5. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm working on making that one Jeff. If my motor is running, there's a good chance I'll be there. I love to donate my money to the guys that know how to fish :smile2:

6. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    havent been to salt fork in ages i lived in newcomerstown ohio when i was youger never fished it we just went to swim there is there a good number of catfish in there?

7. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, my motor will be up and running tomorrow....(darned back road bumps and holes hahaha) I'm gonna try to at least make it down there to crappie fish, so I should be able to make weigh ins

8. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Temps as of 11-01 daytime temps went from 54 to 57. Was there from around 930 till 4.