Salt Creek

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by kingneck76, Aug 27, 2007.

1. kingneck76

kingneck76 New Member

State:
    Jeff City MO
    Went out to salt creek sat night with some chubs. Did pretty good. Caught a 4#flat, let my girl reel in an 8# flat. Then I laid into a 15# flat. 2#'s shy of my pb flat, but much bigger than anything I have caught in nebraska yet. Well here is the best pic of my 15#er. My girl couldnt get the camera to focus in the dark.
    http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/msdixon76/fishing/2007_0826_021525AA.jpg

2. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    good lookin fish how did you do tonight?

3. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Sounds like a good night, one of those nights that the kids got home a little late:wink: I bet your girl really like that 8 lb flat.

4. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    Great looking fishing Mike, a couple of my uncles keep on trying to get me down to Salt Creek, but I'm not gonna get a Nebraska license this year... maybe next year.

I'm still waiting on my first flatty..... maybe this weekend.

5. kingneck76

kingneck76 New Member

State:
    Jeff City MO
    Didnt actually make it out there tonight. Had to take my boy to the dentist for a checkup. Then it was too late for him to go. Thinkin about trying it tomorrow mornin. Yeah my girl now understands why I love to catfish. All I keep hearing from her is " now I want to catch a bigger one." lol she is hooked now. I tried to tell her catfishing was like crack. once you get one hit all you want is a bigger one. Now she believes me. Thanks all for the comments.

6. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska
    that's a good looking flattie ya got there congrats! Glad to see someone else taking their daughter fishing! thats always a big thumbs up in my book.

7. kingneck76

kingneck76 New Member

State:
    Jeff City MO
    My daughter? thats my son in the pic with his first cat. I was talkin about my girlfriend. lol.

8. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska

hmmmm, well, give a few to pull my boot outta my mouth.....

9. kingneck76

kingneck76 New Member

State:
    Jeff City MO
    No big deal man. Just giving you a hard time.

10. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    hey mike, where were you at one the salt creek? fished out there a few times myself. not lately though. had some good success. seen a good number of decent cats(10-20) pulled out of there. huge crap, oh sorry, huge carp too. :smile2::0a23: