Salmon Report

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by HoosierPoleCat, Sep 20, 2006.

1. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone have a salmon report? RiverScum & I will be heading to Tippy Dam last weekend of Sept. Fishing the Manistee just below the dam. Hopefully going to bring back 2 coolers of salmon / steelies...:0a17:

2. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste

3. HoosierPoleCat

State:
    Indiana
    ty for the info, was trying to find that but was unable to. Thats where I looked last year for info. Once again thanks bud.

4. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    i have been fishing the White river the past couple weekends, and catching few. THAT'S RIGHT ME CATCHING FISH. the white is full of em right now. the PM is, so i'm told, packed with fish already on the beds and starting to turn. the rogue is even getting into the game. this weekend should be great, despite the weather forcast. I have been getting them on flies, yarn balls, and hot-n-tots. chrome and blue or chrome and red have produced the most fish in the white for me this year so far. last weekend i got two that were so fresh they were still silver. looked like they just came off the downrigger in mid-july. tight lines to you all.

5. HoosierPoleCat

State:
    Indiana
    ty Jon for the great info. Any & all info is good info. Just counting the days now. I always look forward to this trip every year. Its always a great time, great fishing, and hopefully meet some BOC brothers/sisters. {oh and the beer is always colder up there}

6. Sakon

Sakon New Member

State:
    Sand Lake, MI
    I was on the Muskegon river yesterday, 9/26. There were a few guys down there doing pretty well using orange spawn. I should mention I was by the croton dam. Alot of action right up by the dam. A boat would be a good option here. I know this is not tippy but it has produced some good results for me without fighting for a spot on the bank. Tippy is just too crowded for me. hope this helps.

7. HoosierPoleCat

State:
    Indiana
    ty Ben any info is great info. I'm going up early this year so maybe I can make multiple trips. I'm not afraid to try a new location either. Its all about getting away from the everyday hussle/bussle crap. Only thing to worry about is running out of bait/beer. Thanks again for the info.:big_smile:

8. Sakon

Sakon New Member

State:
    Sand Lake, MI
    I'm heading for croton this afternoon I'll update how the salmon are running later tonight. I keep reading we got 2 weks before they are in there thick but this past weekend i saw they are in there. I'm hoping the colder weather and rain will thicken the heard. lol

9. Sakon

Sakon New Member

State:
    Sand Lake, MI
    I did not land any today but they are in there. I hooked 2 I guess I horsed them too much and broke my line on both:angry: . Seen 2 to 3 on most of the shallow gravel beds. I fished between Croton dam and the Thornapple boat launch.

10. HoosierPoleCat

State:
    Indiana
    Well RiverScum & I survived the salmon expedition. It was awesome once again. Fish were coming in good. Got alittle wet friday but still had a good day fishing. We brought home about 80#lbs of fillets/steak salmon. :big_smile: I think we might be heading back up.
    Have to get some rest so I can tackle the stairs @ Tippy Dam again. :crazy:

11. Sakon

Sakon New Member

State:
    Sand Lake, MI
    Good to hear ya had some luck. Stairs adn crowds are what keep me away from Tippy. It is normally a sure shot to bring home some fish though. Again congrats.

Ben Sakon

12. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Good going man, glad you guys got into them good. 80 pounds is alot of salmon steaks for sure...:eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh:

13. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Sal,
    As I was looking through this thread, I could only think about the Avatar the young man from Indiana has. HoosierPoleCat! It looks like the fella took a picture of your fish from one of your old pictures. LMAO! Holy Smokes, Hoosier, that is a dandy fish.
    Sparky

14. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I think he has 10 foot long arms and is holding a 8 pounder as far out in front of him as he can. :roll_eyes:

hahahahahhahahaaaa

really- that is a pretty big flatty!

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    couple of the nicer fish from the trip to tippy. for sure need to make another trip polecat! did he tell yall about the biggest fish of the trip no i see he left that out. lol

Attached Files:

16. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Aren't they GORGEOUS!?!?!?

Excellent work brothers!

-Sal

17. HoosierPoleCat

State:
    Indiana
    Ok RiverScum I wasnt going to post my monster, but since you insist. Here it is :cool2:

Attached Files:

18. HoosierPoleCat

State:
    Indiana
    Yes if you look close enough there is a crawdad on my hook.....the hook being twice as big as the crawdad :roll_eyes:

19. HoosierPoleCat

State:
    Indiana
    ty Sparky that one was caught 2 yrs ago. RiverScum & I found a really nice hole {that is hard to get to} And we had some really good rain here. Havent got into any of those big boys since. A few 30#lber's but nothing over 40#lb. But still searching man. :wink:

20. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Those salmon aren't exactly the prettiest fish on the planet. ROTFLOL! And to think folks view catfish as ugly... Again, great catch, and thanks for sharing the pics...