Salmon on the run...

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by Howie Ketchdem, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

The salmon are not quite full swing yet, but are seeing more fish arive every day while i was on the pere marquette 9-28,29,30. lots of beat up fish already, caught a total of 25-30 fish between 3 guys we kept 6 total. had a blast fish have been pressured to hard to take crankbaits unless right near river mouths. floating rigs and rigs like that are the way to go now.biggest fish was 25 lb male seen a 35-40 lb in a hole. heard tippy was packed with fisherman but not packed with fish. we fished all days in pere marquette and caught fish pretty regularly, there are some new laws in effect now.
    1. entire lure cannot weight more than 1oz.
    2. point to shank max. measurment is 3/8" instead of 1/2" like last year.
    3. Weight cannot touch the hook.

Heres a good way around the weight touching the hook. I use 2 1/4 oz, bullet weights put 1st wt. on like normal,put second wt. on backwards big end first so when the 2 weights slide together its shaped like a football then tie on a treble hook using a loop knot. then take toothpicks and jam them in all 4 holes of the weights and snap em off in side the weights to prevent the weights from sliding up and down the line. slide the weights down to the knot of the loop knot and whamo theres ur perfectly legal salmon rig... hope everybody gets to take a couple kings this year,GOOD LUCK.

2. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    snag'n season just opened today down here . hope'n to get out his weekend
    comeing and get some action . good luck to ya when you go out .

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    im off tomorrow, woohoo!!!!!!!!! been saving my liver all week for the weekend. lol pics will be posted in my gallery next week if i dont go down the river.

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    well made it back without insident. lol the fish are there(tipy dam) and we had a bang up time. only had 1 altercation with a mullethead, not bad for the tippy hehe.