Salina river

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by karensalina, Jun 17, 2009.

1. karensalina

karensalina New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have heard you can access the river from the Bill Burke Park so I plan to drive over there and take a look around.
    I tried to fish the Saline County Lake last weekend but it was not to happen. There were only a couple of good spots that were not choked with green gunk and those spots were taken.
    Yesterday I had good luck at Lakewood catching 3 catfish, 2 bluegill and 1 bass. These were all small and I released them. It was fun catching them but they would not make dinner. I still hope to someday catch my dinner!
    Has anyone had good luck at the river by Bill Burke Park?

2. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    No I dont know that area very good at all Im staying down in McPhearson during the week and asked for advice for that area. I think one of the nights next week a friend and I are going to go over to Marion for a couple of hours after work. More than welcome to join us although I dont know any of the really good spots over there so it would be learning experience for everyone.

3. karensalina

karensalina New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Appreciate that. Got family things this weekend, but we will see about down the road.