Salina river fishing?

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by karensalina, Jun 17, 2009.

1. karensalina

karensalina New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have heard you can access the river from the Bill Burke Park so I plan to drive over there and take a look around.
    I tried to fish the Saline County Lake last weekend but it was not to happen. There were only a couple of good spots that were not choked with green gunk and those spots were taken.
    Yesterday I had good luck at Lakewood catching 3 catfish, 2 bluegill and 1 bass. These were all small and I released them. It was fun catching them but they would not make dinner. I still hope to someday catch my dinner!
    Has anyone had good luck at the river by Bill Burke Park?

2. AustinSalina

AustinSalina New Member

State:
    KS
    Hi Karen!

I thought I would share other areas I was told you can fish. The east side of Indian Rock Park has river access. You can also access the river from the Salina Country Club area. It is also fine to fish on the river off of the soccer fields on Magnolia.

Let me know how Bill Burke goes, good luck!

3. AustinSalina

AustinSalina New Member

State:
    KS
    A women I work with reported that her son was fishing on the Smokey Hill out at the soccer fields on Magnolia today. She later e-mailed me a picture of a couple 5-9 pounders that he had caught out there. Looked like a channel and a bullhead. So that is a confirmed place to catch them :D.

4. Tros

Tros New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I've caught some decent channel cat right around the area you are talking about, karensalina. I fished the area last during memorial day; I did alright that day.

Do you ever have luck at Saline County Lake? I never do. I just load up the truck and head to Ottawa County's lake. I've always had better luck there... Of course I used to live less than a mile away from it, so that'll happen :wink: