Salf Fork Lake - How is the catfish bite recently?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by KatfishKyle, Oct 13, 2008.

1. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Just wondering if anyone has hit Salt Fork in the last few weeks. And how is the bite? Ive been so dang busy I havnt been able to make it out...Work is cuttin into fishin and huntin time! this is getting old!!!!!!!:sad2:

2. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    i went sunday night didnt get anything. my buddy was out there friday night caught a 48lb flat on shad that thing was solid from head to tail. caught it at 9pm
    im gonna hit salt fork couple nights this week then sunday night for sure

3. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio

Was that live shad or dead? I went to peidmont sat. night and that place is loaded with shad! We got two runs all night and thats it! I hear were gettin some rain this week hope it wakes them up! Also congrats to your buddy for catching that hawg!

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like you guys are catching some real nice fish up there, congrats and good luck in the future

5. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    well heres my take on the bite right now the flats are staying close to there wintering holes not going far to eat. they are staying in the deeper water creek channels ect.the shad was alive caught the shad right where we fish. put your baits in the channels and just off the channels and you will catch fish. fish alot of structure also. water temp on salt fork saturday was 68 so you still have 2-3 weeks left to fish. remember also that they will be dropping salt fork 3ft this weekend. there is not alot of shad at salt fork right now. when i do catch them i put them in bucket with aereator and put some non iodize salt in bucket with them. ill be fishing salt fork next few nights this week. i dont mind company but you have to cpr
    also we have caught bout 85 per cent of the fish this year on shad dead or alive .when you get shad keep changing your water in the bucket and keep putting the salt in when you change it you will need to change the water everal times and dont put alot of shad in the bucket 6- 7 at the most

6. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    TWO OR THREE WEEKS TO FISH? ARE YOU DIEING. LETS FISH ALL WINTER AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. NOW I SOUND LIKE THE CRAZIES I USED TO QUESTION THERE SANITY.

7. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    2-3 weeks of flathead fishing at saltfork i ment

8. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    ill go anytime you want just call me im off every weekend. were going to cumberland city soon i hope. im gonna go down last week of dec to catch skips. then with you and your bro in febuary

9. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    COOL . HOW ABOUT ANY OF THE LAKES DOWN WHERE I LIVE? WE FISH EVERY WEEKEND AND ON WEDNESDAY NIGHTS

10. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    sent you a pm how to contact me

11. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    what lakes do you fish

12. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    MOSTLY DEER CREEK ,PAINT CREEK, AND ROCKY FORK. FIRST 2 ARE GREAT FOR CHANNELS ROCKY FORK HAS MONSTER CHANNELS AND SOME GREAT FLATS, BUT IT IS HARDER FOR ME TO DRIFT FISH BECAUSE OF THE GRASS ON BOTTOM. DRIFTING ALLOWS FOR A LOT OF ACTION SO WE FISH THAT WAY MOST OF THE TIME .

13. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    where are these lakes located