Sako 270 Rifle

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by randallewis, Aug 23, 2007.

1. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
  2. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You can get a new one for about 775 bucks I didnt see if you said if it was new or not? Sako rifles are some of the finest rifles made. They will not let them leave the factory if they dont shoot a inch or less at 100 yards . I owned 5 of them when I lived in Alaska. Hope that helps!

3. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    The gun is about 15 to 20 yrs. old. Hasn't been fired but 5 or 6 times. Belonged to my neighbor until he let me have it.

4. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    From the pictures it looks well taken care of . The mounts appear to be sako mounts and back then those mounts would run about $75-100 bucks. It being that old Id say with mounts and condition I can see from pictures anything under new price would be a steal!!! And if you dont want it let me know!!! Id slap a 2x leopould scope on that baby , head to range, and then lookout varmits, deer, elk, or anything else in North America.

5. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Yep Sako mounts. I have a Leupold VX-III 4.5-14x50mm that I'm going to put on it. These mounts want work. I have to get an extra tall for the 50mm. My neighbor is well in his 80's and he wouldn't take any money so far. We'll work out something.

6. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What do you plan on hunting and at what range? That scope sounds a little big for power?

7. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    White tail hunting in Louisiana. I guess its a little overkill. I bought it from a sporting goods store that was going out of business for $400 about 4 yrs ago. Deer 100 t0 150 yd range. Hogs at about 100 to 200 yds on pipeline right of ways.
    Havn't had anything to mount it on until now.

8. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
  9. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Randal my search, ya can get a new one with a synthetic stock for round 800, but what you have are going for, Lowest, 925.00, Highest, 1250.00. You picked up one of the "keepers". I'm guessing you're asking to make it right with the ole boy. The 06, and the 270 have the hightest resale value. But you are shooting "top shelf", isn't any doubt. Luck with the scope. I don't know if I could put high rings and a big scope on something so handy and crafted so well......just me.

10. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Will is right. It would be worth over 800.00 minimum. Of course now, if you're talking about trading for something I've got, it would be a different story, LOL!:smile2:

11. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Interesting thread.. My Pop handed one of these (along with various other weapons :wink: ) down to me.. Though I'd never part with any of them, interesting to see the values...

12. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    If it were mine I'd put a Weaver variable 2.5 to 7 power on it, fire form some cases and load a bunch of ammo from very light bullets to heavys. Then you would have a rifle that would do any thing from varmits to elk. I have an older Winchester westerner .264 magnum with a V-9 scope. have busted prarie dogs and woodchucks to 400 + yards and pronghorns in Wyoming and South Dakota up to 500 yards (prone with a tripod) Not a one has traveled more than 20 yards. Main thing is shoot shoot shoot.. learn what your gun can do and stay within it's limits... You got a good one !!!