Saint Louis Boat Show

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Cuz, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Just a quick reminder, the boat show is coming up Feb 6th -11th. I've been the last two years and I can tell you its a great time even if your not hunting a new rig. Half of the Ed Jones building has literally hundreds of boats to see, from catfish rigs to yachts, and everything in between. The other half of the dome has a couple hundred vendors from fishing/hunting guides, to tackle venders, and "Air Dogs". My kids loved the jumping dogs. And heres where I reel you fencesitters in, "They Have Beer". :lol: :lol: :lol: It really is a good time I must admit. I'll be there at least twice. Be Warned, the last two years of me just "going to look" has landed me two boats. The second boat cost me my manhood. :embarassed: The wife said I could buy my SeaArk if I agreed to not father any more children. Well, long story short, and spoken like a true BOC Catfisherman, Cuz is fixed. (But I got a nice boat) Hope to see some of you there. Grab your kids and go have a good time. If you dont have kids, go grab your neighbors. You will come out with a ton of free stuff, and even some "not so free" stuff that you cant do without. C Yall There.

Heres the Link
    http://www.stlouisboatshow.com/

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Don't know about the manhood part Cuz but if your talking about the boat you got from Cook's yep it is super nice.Don't know if I'm gonna make it down there or not. Hannibal Mike said something about going down.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    It really is a good time John. If you go during the week in the afternoon its not crowded at all either. Yes, it is indeed the boat I bought from Cooks. I met them at the boat show, and they reeled me in like a 20 pound Blue Cat. :big_smile: They had a center console big daddy there, and they spent alot of time with me explaining the options and everything. I appreciated the time they spent with me, and ordered the boat from Shaun a couple weeks later. I'm almost scared to go again, they might have the "Big Mama" :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Sounds like fun. I will try to catch at least one day of the show. Are any other BOC members attending?

5. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like the grand kids would also enjoy.

6. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    I’m planning on going, missed last year but from previous years it has been awesome. Dan Gapen and of course Annie usually have a booth there, where I pick up any bobbers for the river I need, plus many other venders. There’s a lot to enjoy for the recreation we love, though it does come with a price. :embarassed:

7. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cuz,tell her you are a sports model now.:wink:

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    So glad i'm not married and have kids.....

9. micah5634

micah5634 New Member

State:
    mo
    i'm going hopefully to find a boat i like guess it's as good as place as any to look.

10. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I plan to go down on Wednesday from Hannibal if anyone wants to share a ride with me. I hope to stop at Bass Pro then get to the show when it opens at 2:00. I am not sure how long that I will stay, probably early evening . It really is interesting. Hannibal Mike (If someone wants a manufactured home, it would help me afford to buy a couple new rods!)

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Me and the wife will be there opening night.. She even bought the tickets.. I went with my brother lat year, this year she said it was her turn.. Damn I love that woman.. hehehe.. I just gotta figure out how I can afford a Pontoon boat for her and a river john for me..

12. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    My girlfriend told me to leave the checkbook at home. Does that mean I need a new girlfriend? Anyone going Weds? I hope to be there. Hannibal Mike

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hey Hannibal, I thought of a way you can keep the girlfriend. Just take a couple of checks out of the checkbook, then leave the checkbook at home. :big_smile:

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thought about that Willy, but all she has to do is look at my physique and she wont believe me. Shes already told me that if I come home with a boat this year I will have divorce papers. So, in true BOC catfisherman spirit, I got the calculator out and figured out how much more fishing I could do, in a brand new boat, if I were single. I quickly determined it's not worth half my salary. :angry:

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    the longer you stay that way, the more fish you will catch. :roll_eyes:

16. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    Wow! Such imagination! This site is greeeeaaaat! We should have a dormatory with a huge covered parking lot for our boats and a waffle house across the street beside a bait shop. Every morning we could gather and look like lemmings going to the sea. Hannibal Mike

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    You just created the perfect vision, of the perfect morning. Waffle house, boats, and bait shops. You could have added we all caught monster cats by noon, and ended up back at waffle house. :lol:

18. cross_their_eyes

cross_their_eyes New Member

State:
    Show Me State
    I hope to see so of guys down at the show. I'm going to try to get there Friday evening. Maybe I'll talk one of you guys into buying my wife a boat so she'll be able to have fun while I take off on mine and go fishing :smile2: