Saining' for bait

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Chubfisher13, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Chubfisher13

Chubfisher13 New Member

State:
    Shelby County Ohio
    Im 14 and new to the sight and was just tellin my adventures. Today me and some buddies were at the lockington Dam in Shelby County and we were saining the banks with my new 11ft'er for shads, crawdads ect... we came upon some deep spots and figured there would be some good bait. Well let me tell you if u use 3 pound channel cats as bait then youd be in luck. Yeah so we caught 3 2or3 pounders that day in my sain:crazy: and we was hootin and hollerin jus cuz we could haha ill never forget it. idk if it was unsual or not becuase i just got my sain and i was wonderin if yalls ever came upon anything like this??? Reply qoute thanks....anything would help

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    caught a couple of nice channels in my throw net before,and ripped a couple up on some carp that went about five pounds.......

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Matt welcome to the BOC ..Your going to learn alot here everyone on here is good folk's ...So enjoy the site Bro.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    First off welcome to the boc. Yea I think quite a few of us have caughten some very nice fish with a net for sure. First time I tossed a cast net I landed a 4lb bass.

5. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    WELCOME TO THE SITE.I LIVED IN DELAWARE COUNTY FOR A YEAR AND ONE DAY I WAS SEINING AND WAS WALKING BACK TO THE TRUCK.A GAME WARDEN PULLED UP AND ASKED US A FEW QUESTIONS CHECKED LICENSE.THEN HE CHECKED MY SEINE FOR LENGTH.I BOUGHT IT AT WALMART AND IT WAS THE ONLY ONES THEY SOLD 10 FT.WELL HE SAID I HAD A ILLEGAL SEINE AND TOOK MY PICTURE OF US STRETCHING IT ACROSS THE FRONT OF MY TRUCK.HE HAD A YOUNGER OFFICER WHICH I THINK HE WAS IN TRAINING.HE MADE ME CUT TWO FOOT OFF MY SEINE.HE NEVER TICKETED ME WHICH WAS NICE.THEY SHOULDNT SELL THEM IN OHIO IF THEYRE LONGER THAN 8 FEET.MUST BE A WAY TO GENERATE MORE REVENUE.I THINK THE OHIO LAW IS STILL SEINE MUST NOT BE BIGGER THAN 4 FT TALL BY 8 FT LONG.I SEINED FOR 30 YEARS AND NEVER WAS CHECKED FOR SEINE LENGTH BEFORE OR SINCE.

6. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks for the info. did'nt know there was a size limit! shane

7. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Matt welcome to the BOC. I always seined small creeks for bait, I have
    had bass maybe 2 1/2 lbs jump the seine