Saguaro

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by HugeEuge57, Oct 8, 2008.

1. HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Does anybody have any suggestions as to where to shore fish this time of year with good results??

2. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Believe it or not, the marina area of most lakes is usually some of the best fishing. Unfortunately any area that is publicly accessable is usually fished out to some degree. My all time favorite place to fish from shore is boulder recreation area at canyon lake. Follow the parking lot to its east end and then follow the little trail back to the coves. Ive caught more decent sized fish here than anywhere else. Just watch out for skunks, mountain lions, raccoons, and snakes.:wink:

3. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Mike, you were doing great until you got to the mountain lion part!!!!

4. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Correction: 1989 - Apache Junction, Arizona - Joshua Walsh, age 5, was mauled by a mountain lion near Canyon Lake, some 30 miles northeast of Phoenix. Without warning, and near a parking lot and boat dock filled with people, the mountain lion attacked Joshua, bit him on the head and began to shake him with its jaws and drag him away. Tim Walsh, Joshua's father, leaped down a 20-foot embankment, grabbed a rock, threw it and hit the lion on the head, scaring it. The lion dropped the boy. Joshua was air-lifted to Phoenix Children's Hospital where it took 100 stitches to close Joshua's head wounds, including re-attachment of his right ear which was nearly severed in the attack. (Phoenix Gazette, May 1, 1989, page A-1)

As for saguaro, Ive never caught a damn thing there except hordes of undersized bluegill.

5. HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Raccoons?? How do they get grouped with mountain lions and snakes??

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    you've obviously never had the critters come visit your camp or where your fishing at. they will tear your tent, boat up looking for food if they smell it. had them climb into another guys truck and tear up his seat where his son had spilled some food. plus, the are the best bait and stringer of fish robbers around. and all this time your wife or girlfriend will tell you how cute they are. :0a26: what he's talking about.
    gary

7. HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That sucks....I didn't realize they were such a threat.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

I have a buddy in calif. who had a rottweiler that was about 120 pounds and picked a fight with a coon. ended up with over 100 stiches. There mean little bast****.

9. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I had my two daschunds fighting one over a pack of hot dogs one night. I was sleeping in a lawn chair and they started fighting underneath it. Luckily I was wearing my Colt and brought the situation to a rather abrupt end.
    Ive noticed a population explosion of skunks, raccoons and rats around the arizona lake shorelines and can only attribute this to people leaving trash out for them to eat. Its only become a problem in the last couple years it seems. Raccoons can be taken at night. The only noctournal hunting legal in the state of arizona.:crazy:

10. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    lol, I bet that brought the coon to his last day's of scavenging after seeing the 40.cal bullet flash :roll_eyes:

11. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    No, actually it ran off. Did a backflip and ran away like a ghost while an employee of a well known phoenix gunstore looked on in absolute consternation. Swore off .40 cals until later on in the night he had to shoot another coon which ran off after a .45 shot which knocked it down.
    It jumped back up and ran away leaving us both to ponder the handguns effectiveness as a manstopper.

12. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    HAHAHA, dang that must have been a coon on steroids lol :smile2:

13. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    we had to drop one old he coon that wouldn't stay out of camp. would come in to rob table while we were eating at it. took 8-9 high powered hollow point 22 rnds to finish him. then we had to use axe to actually finish job. mean stubborn critters.
    gary

14. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Skunks are slowing taking over our shoreline in Arizona.

They don't take "no" for an answer, they only seem to respond to fist-sized rocks up their A$$es.

But even then they never forget to leave behind that beautiful aromatic scent.

15. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Yeah, its kind of a lose/lose situation with skunks. Im bringing a shotgun next time Im out in the middle of nowhere shore fishing.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    a big bore/sow coon in the water will kill or whoop most dogs with ease. hunt them alot round here.:wink: