Saguaro Lake

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Az_racer_75, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Az_racer_75

Az_racer_75 New Member

State:
    Arizon
    anyone have any luck at Saguaro lake lately? like ive said before im new to this just looking to catch my first flatty.

2. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Eric, welcome to the BOC bro. Hope that you njoy the topics, information and make some good fishin buddies. There are some good people here :cool2:

3. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Any lake in the Salt River chain has flatheads, But I promise you that Sag sucks for flatheads. My opinion is most flats in the Lower Salt River/SRP Canals come from the Verde River, which merges into the Salt River at Phon D. Sutton.

4. Az_racer_75

Az_racer_75 New Member

State:
    Arizon
    thank you very much for the info... looks like ill be going to pleasant then....

5. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    might want to give bart a shot as well:wink:

6. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    If you live out here on the East Side, I would go to Roosevelt. It sure is a heck of a lot closer.

7. Az_racer_75

Az_racer_75 New Member

State:
    Arizon
    im near tempe town lake

8. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    So am I , I just pulled my boat out of the water about an hour ago, fished by the east dam. No cats but got a couple of nice bass. Do you fish there often?

9. Az_racer_75

Az_racer_75 New Member

State:
    Arizon
    fished there twice skunked both times, but i was shore fishing, one time i was using shrimp and the second i was using stink bait, had a couple bites on the shrimp but i think it was a baby just playing with my bait.

10. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    by nov 17th bart will be down 50ft 4 dam repairs.

11. Az_racer_75

Az_racer_75 New Member

State:
    Arizon
    is that a good thing that the lake will be that low? will the fishing be better or worse?

12. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    i have no idea but im still gonna fish it.

13. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    with bart dropping like it is u can get a car all the way up by the no wake bouys

14. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    keep that shhhh.:wink:

15. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    Monster that avatar is disturbing:crazy:, can you please bring back Afro man?

16. Waterdawg

Waterdawg New Member

State:
    Arizona
    +1

17. jwk700

jwk700 New Member

State:
    arizona
    ralph that pic from nocho lebra i worked with that guy in the movie i did in utah vvveeeerrrrrryyyyy gay dude

18. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    HEADING UP TO SAGUARO THIS THANKSGIVING AND WILL BE STAYING NEAR THE RANCH/INN JUST BELOW THE DAM. I HAVE READ THE RIVER FLOW IS ABOUT 800 CFS AND TO ME THATS SEEMS A BIT STRONG OF A CURRENT TO FISH BUT IM NOT SURE IF THATS THE CASE. WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD BANK SPOT FOR SOME CHANNELS AT THE MAIN LAKE. NEVER BEEN THERE SO ANY DIRECTION IS APPRECIATED. THANKS

19. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    i have been there a couple of times and as i remember there isnt alot of options there the lake is just a little north of where u will be staying. just my 2 cent but i would get some chickin livers if there is a channel in there thay will find it

20. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    800cfs isnt to strong just step up your weights a bit and use no rolls it will hold