Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Saginaw River in Michigan

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  sal_jr 
#1 ·
Saginaw, river, 22 mi (35 km) long, formed by the confluence of eight branches, SE Mich. The river drains a large area of lower Michigan and flows into Saginaw Bay. (c.60 mi/100 km long and 15–25 mi/24–40 km wide), an arm of Lake Huron. Bay City, a port, is located at the bayhead near the river's mouth, and Saginaw is located upstream.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, ok... so the saggie is a great channel cat river. I saw Vic take a nice one out in broad daylight under the bridge to the south of m-25 on a shrimp.

This is a good river for a spring channel cat gathering. We have GOT to hit it at the right time of the year is all. NOlater than thefirst weekend or two of june- then we're in kitty buiness.

#2 ·
Buddy just showed me pics- 30 walleye and 22 channel cats in one day from lil guys to 9lbs or more.

24 FOW in front of Mc Donalds on the saginaw river right downtown.

Crawler harnesses did it drifting and jigging for walleye.

When are we meeting up?

IT IS ON!

Michigan fishermen, welcome to Catfishing 2006. We have our first confirmed catches.

#4 ·
OK, I got a new boat.

It happened.

Ill be able to get out in about 3 weeks though at the soonest. Trade shows, hunts, and getting the paperwork to transfer the big boat to my name have to be done first.

Ill keep ya posted.

#8 ·
guys if I had it my way Id be in everyone's location this year-

Gotta remember one thing with a big boat like that: Each trip is gonna have a base cost to me of about 75 bucks for gas, maintenance, etc.... I can only afford to do so many things on my income... As time goes by I will make it all over, trust me.

The first two trips are gonna be me and my gramps and me and my wife- and that might happen at the same time, though I havent targeted a water hole yet.
Once I get a feel for the price shock of taking this unnamed beast out versus El Conquistador, Ill have a better idea of how many trips I can afford this year.

#10 ·
you dont have to ask me twice brother- Ive seen your vessel and she's a fine lady.

I WILL take you up on that. Like I said... a few weeks to clear up business and Ill be ready for sthe spring 06 season.

Guiding this weekend, trade show next weekend.... maybe a run to marquette the weekend after... by the sucker run Ill be free- Im making sure of that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.