Saginaw Bay report

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mich dave, Apr 21, 2007.

1. mich dave

mich dave New Member

State:
    Otisville
    Went out friday afternoon out of Quanicassee.Didn't do well. Started out in 7ft. then to 4ft. and back to 6ft. cause of the stuff floating up from the bottom. The fishfinder never said there was a fish under us (that's odd). I talked to another boat and they said the same thing. We did get a 7.14 and a 5.5lb. both were old fish. They hit real light. The water temp. was 54 and quite clear for the bay. It was a great day to fish with my brother and shoot the bull all afternoon. Shore would of been nice to have the cat's hungry. But his cat did make 28" for our book of master anlger. I have'nt got the cat's to rise to food in the pond yet and that's what I've been going by for up their.Won't be going back till the turkey tag is filled(good thing i got a short season) LATER

2. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Hay Dave nice to see your still around! Thought about you yesterday. Me and my boy went out in 4' of water and fished for a couple hours. Like you said lots of debris flouting out there but surface temp was 63 deg. We got one vic fish (arf arf) two cats one about 2.5lb and one about 5lb and one carp 2-3lb. One great day though!

3. mich dave

mich dave New Member

State:
    Otisville
    A few cat's started rising saturday and the gill's are running around so it should'nt be long.

How did you like staying in the channel. It was offle shallow. I wonder if they are going to put the buoys out. I herd there not puting them out at Seabewaing because its to shallow.

4. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    You can bet on that Lindy's will have them out before long. The deal with Seabawing is the city counsel in trying to close the marina because they said it cost to much to keep the channel dredged out. The city counsel try-ed to hold a meeting and close the marina with out letting the people now but one guy on the counsel let the advertiser in on the plan.