Safety Tip to all fishermen

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tufffish, Apr 21, 2007.

1. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    last thursday my friend got a fish hook in his hand. we thought we were always well prepared guys. the hook went all the way through his hand so it was bad but it should have been easy to remove. the cheap pair of long nose pliers would not cut the hook. i thought i had a good pair of cutters in my tackle bag. no... we both went today and bought a new pair of good cutters and put them in our console on the boats. we have hunted and fished together for more than 30 years and this is the first time we were not well prepared for an emergency. if you don't know what is in your emergency kit or you know you may need something today is a good day to go get what is missing, on the lake at night is not the time to realize you don't have all the gear you need.

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    OUCH!!! Saw that happen before, but we were prepaired luckily. I laughed very hard....I know, I'm not very nice. Someday, it WILL happen to me since I did laugh.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Question: Was the hook a brand new hook or was it a used one? I hope he was given an antibiotic injection if it was used,those can cause some nasty infection!:smile2:

4. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Thanks for sharing that info. I need to put some cutters in my boat. When I was little my oldest brother got hooked on the inside of his bottom lip. It was buried deep and I can remember my Dad having to push the hook all the way through his lip and cutting the end off the hook and pushing it back through. At the time it wasn't funny, but it cracks me up when I think about it now. I have no idea how he done it.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the tip. Sorry bout the hook in hand. been there done that.
    When I Bassed fish many moons ago:roll_eyes: , I sent a few hat to the water. :confused2:
    Also keep them pliers oiled so they dont rust and will work right.

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    There was a picture on here once of a guy that got this huge treble hook in his eye! I still cant shake that image! LOL

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I think that was a bank sinker. The picture was an Xray.
    Some poor fella in europe.

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a14: "Your Right"! - "Great Post Bobby".
    :0a31:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great Post. Good advice. We all need to buy some good side cutters. Some of the New Name Brand hooks in larger sizes are thicker than before. (Gama,King Kahle. Big River and etc.) Thanks for sharing.:lol: :big_smile: