Safe to go fishing again?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by bnt55, Jul 15, 2008.

1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I have been waiting for the big catfish mating ritual to get over and for things to get back to normal on the Ohio River, does anyone think it will be worth it to go out this weekend? Got skunked last weekend and I just dont want to blow the gas money on -0- fish again!

Some updates would be nice....?

Bill

2. villcat

villcat New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I am hoping to get out this weekend, but an update from anyone who has been out in the last few days would be great...

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have no recent personal experience to speak on this, but I would guess that the cats are getting active, based on what I have read on the site.

4. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    :angry: I know what you mean on this gas issue. I would like to know myself before driving that far. Not all fish nest at the same time some on some off i guess thats the chance we take this time of the year but like many others it's good to hear they are biting gives me hope. :big_smile:

5. kyboytimbo

kyboytimbo New Member

State:
    Kentucky,Louisville
    hey bill i was out friday night caught several 5-7lb channels an 2 10lb blues had a great time caught the blues back to back as soon as one was off the hook the other pole smacked the water. fished 7 to 12. hope you get this in time, happy fishin brother!

6. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    went out friday night around 10:00, 0 luck not even a bit,went out again this evening around 6:30 fished until dark caught 4 blues in the 8 to 10 pound range had one 20 to30lb range get off at the boat had another break my 30lb lead of at the hook.When the sun went down the fish stop bitting dont understand?was using cut shad and skippers.Hope this helps and good luck catching.Aaron

7. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Went out on Saturday and caught two blues in 5 hrs. kinda slow, but at least I brought my camera this time! I saw a small school of white bass start busting the water near the boat and I cast out a popper and caught one on topwater, that was pretty fun even if he was only 8" long.:embarassed:
    [​IMG]

8. villcat

villcat New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Went out saturday night and caught 2 channels and 3 blues all under 10lbs.