safe shore fishing at night

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by jamesriverman, Sep 2, 2008.

1. jamesriverman

jamesriverman New Member

State:
    va
    Can i go fishing in the lower james from shore with out gating shot any safe places to shore fish for the big blues.

2. catfishangler

catfishangler New Member

State:
    virginia
    eah sure i bank fish for almost 12 years beof ri got to fish on a boat and dutch gap is m fav place to fish for big blues or flats

3. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The further away from richmond the better on safe fishing! Dutch gap and osbourne are pretty safe in my opinion, but you never know what's in the mind of some people.:cool2:FISH ON BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've been night fishing at Osbourn I felt safe there, once I was totally alone and got kinda freaked for no reason. If you go there and have to drive back through the city. Stay at least till all the bars let out. Yes they are driving drunk despite what you may think.
    Good luck, if there is a better place I'd love to do some night fishing.

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Bring your own heat if you have to, if it makes you feel safer.

Dutch Gap is shady IMO. I've loaded the boat up there plenty of times in the wee-hours, and aside from the A$$ pirates, you get alot of young people hanging out there, and going in the woods. They're loud and reckless. Deep Bottom is alot quieter at night. Never loaded at Osbourne at night so I can't speak for it.

Might also try to find access roads to the river, where you can find your own isolated spot on the bank. I've seen plenty of people setup on the banks when I'm driving by in my boat, and I ask myself, how in the world did they get there?

6. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    There is the Kingsland Marina right next to it, I'm sure it has security. Osbourne is or has been dead calm both nights I've fished there. Almost to quiet. I like to night fish when there are at least other people night fishing.
    Dutch Gap does sound kinda sketchy for me since I fish by myself. Now if I had a group I wouldn't have a problem.

7. F250SD-Baby!!

F250SD-Baby!! New Member

State:
    Virginia