Safe secure boat parking?

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by low desert jonathan, May 14, 2009.

1. low desert jonathan

low desert jonathan New Member

State:
    California
    How safe is it to leave your boat or tent set up at mayflower campground while you might go to the different canals to fish at night? Is it necessary to haul everything around with you? Thanks Low Dsrt Jon:confused2:

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i have boat on trailor by tent cause no place to tie up. never worry about a thing. have gone off and left poles leaning against tent and not taken.
    gary

3. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    River people are pretty good people.

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "I Never" Had to worry about any of my gear like Chris said the people down respect your things down there, the only way that I have lost anything down there - is when "I" left it behind - "Right Gary" (lol).
    :wink:

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Be careful though If you are in a good vacinity with friends and people you know you should be fine. I seen people leave gear out at past gatherings and nothin was taken. However I do know of a case where a bait basket was stolen from being attached to a persons boat in Mcintyre. But being me I would put anything of big value away or locked in a car if I or anyone else was not around.

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Mayflower is a county park and has the Riverside cty sherriff comming by once in a while.... Their can be some clans of folks that come into tent it, and do not give respect for campgrounds and walk through.... I like to cover my stuff in the campground with a tarp and keep things out of sight.... same thing in the RV area... I park where there less of a chance for folk to walk through when going to the beach area...I stay up late and keep eyes out for my stuff as well as others..... their is a camp host and ranger .....

for the most part I think that all will be ok... The folks mostly camp to the south end of the campground with the block wall to the back... one road in and one road out....however, everyone should keep an eye on things when a BOC buddy is going out somewhere....:big_smile:

Bayrunner Ray

7. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Elwood says he'll help!

Don't let the pictures fool you. He barks at everything that moves lol. You can hear him up to a mile down river :roll_eyes:. People tell me he's a good watch dog but little do they know if they just walked up and petted him he'd let em have their way.

Attached Files:

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    ELWOOD...
    Mebbe, I should bring JAKE,,!!

They could be the BLUES Brothers,, except Jake is a German Shorthair..

Jake is the Stooge on the right!!

Attached Files:

9. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I take booger with me she is a mean watchdog

Attached Files:

10. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    ray, sent you a PM.
    gary

11. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Elwood looks like a fine example of the latest technology in security systems. I would be proud to have him watch my stuff!

:cool2:

12. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Booger looks seriously vicious.

13. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    yep she is!:smile2: