Safe for humans to eat dry dog food?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dinkbuster1, Jun 21, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ok, bout to gross some folks out! went fishing with a freind and his 16yr old son Travis a couple nights ago, and right behind where we were fishing was a gravel pit and i decided to set out one of my bluegill traps while we fished. i keep a bag of dry dog food in my truck to bait my traps, so i baited the traps and then i was dared to eat a peice. well, me being the sicko that i am i gave it a try...... wasnt too bad at all! i ended up setting there and eating a couple handfulls (Travis was about to puke!). i read the ingredients and it seems its made from the same stuff baogna is made of so i assume it wasnt going to kill me. wonder how it would taste in a bowl of milk?:big_smile:

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    btw, it was "chicken" flavor:roll_eyes:

3. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Thats pretty nasty man, I would rather eat a shad head.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know a guy that works in a dog food factory, he said they eat it all the time while it's being made.....I have found that Purina puppy chow is mighty tastey! And yes I was the one eating it.

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    For whatever reason me and my buddies frequently talk about what we'd RATHER eat then a shad, but dog food has never been brought up as an alternative. But I'd personally eat a bag of dog food before I'd eat so much as even a shad scale. I've eaten my share of Milk-Bones and they ain't that bad either.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dink, Been there Done That & I'm Still Here! I think I won a couple bucks off the dare. :big_smile:

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Another for the "BOC's Most Memorable Posts

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    And yet another for the "BOC's Most Memorable Posts. Short, Simple, To The Point

9. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I don't know if I'd go THAT far.

10. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    When I was in H.S.,rumor had it that this old lady living in town was living on Purina Dog Chow so our health instructor wrote a letter to the Ralston Purina Co.asking them about any health risk.They never said 'yea' or 'nay',they just said it was not for human consumption.It didnt hurt my l'il sister,mom could'nt keep her out of the Gaines Burgers.At least they were individually wrapped.

11. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I guess I could if I wanted but why in the world would I want too.:smile2:

12. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I used to haul some dog food when I was trucking. It looked like they took about the same precautions making it as they would human food. If a bag got busted open, it went into a dumpster as being contaminated. They didn't just rebag it.

I hauled a load of what smelled like rotten eggs in the powered form to a dog food plant once too.

13. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I ate a milk bone once and it was not to bad. Kind of dry tho.
    Bill

14. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I don't wear my teeth that much but if it was soft and nacho jalepeno whynot

SE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE BOC NATIONAL GATHERING

15. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I feel sure there has been many children eat dog food and you never hear anything bad on the news about it.I use to like the goldfish food,it tasted like the cone you put ice cream in...:lol:

16. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Which brand caused the brain damage? Please forgive me.The thought popped up and I had to ask.All 3 of my children ate Jim Dandy at one time or another.I always thought that their abnormalities were hereditary and came from their mothers side of the family.Now you say you ate dog food.Makes me wonder.Do you reckon it was the dog food? Naw! Couldn;t be.My dogs turned out O.K..Must of been their mommas genes.peewee-williams

17. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Mike, try the hot gravy instead of milk. Mmm, mm, mm, mm, mmmmm...W

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Just think of the nice sheen it will do for your coat also guys, I may have to try it so I can grow some (hair) to see if it works :big_smile:

19. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    eating dogfood never killed me i was told when i was a kid i ate it also ate draino too when i was a kid.

20. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'd be scared of any injuries that may occur while trying to lick myself...:lol: