Sad Story

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kkyyoottee, Oct 7, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I spotted a new boat for catfishing. Well its a thing of beauty. I called on it and the guy said well its not for sale but it is. I thought what the Heck. He explained a 83 year old man has the money to buy it to catfish in but has noone to go with. He wants to start catfishing after 50 years, but his kids dont fish and dont want him on water by himself. I told the boat owner after a couple of hours of thinking about this to give him my number!!! We are all lucky to be able to go catting!!! But take some time to give back to this sport!!! I might get to buy this boat but at least I can ride in it!!!

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    You never know you may end up with a real good fishin Buddy out of all this . Who's to say you may windup with the boat,he may buy it then not want it after all.Good Luck on you fishin trips.

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Neat story. I hope the two of you get to spend some hours of enjoyment on the boat. There have been several times when my friends couldn't go fishing, so I just stayed home.:sad2:

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    out of site will its just this sort of stuff that keeps me on line.here are some reps

5. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    It's great to see someone still wants to fish at that age. I hope it works out that you two will get to fish together, I am sure he would enjoy your company. Not to diminish you getting the boat Will, but I think he has far more to gain by gaining a partner no matter who buys the boat.

6. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Funny how life is!! Belinda and I having been traveling all summer looking for a fishing boat to replace our semi-v. But I just dont have the heart to buy this boat out from under this old timer. Most would but I dont think I would ever be able to enjoy having this boat. I believe everything happens for a reason. I dont know the reason on this yet but when it does I will update this thread.

P.S. Its good to see some of the boc comments on this and thanks for the reps it just boils down to doing the right thing!!

Will

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Destiny, like the sun coming up is not stoppable. Kinda like the jingle "What will be, will be" It is like Nancy telling me to get my chores done. That has to be.

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    in this case i dont think the most important thing is the boat but the opertunity to take an older gentleman out fishing who really wants to go.Giving him some company and showing him a good time,to me that would be worth giving up a boat for.I hope when i get that old someone would be willing to do that for me.I say good for you.

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Your heart is in the right place will, im proud to call you Brother!!

10. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    YA KNOW THIS COULD BE THE ONE FRIEND YOU WISH WOULD HAVE MET YEARS AGO. IT MIGHT EVEN BE THE ONE THING IN LIFE HE ALLWAYS WANTED TO DO JUST NEVER A FRIEND TO BE THERE FOR HIM. YOU WOULD BE A GOOD MAN TO THIS WITH HIM,YOU MIGHT BE THE SON HE ALWAYS WISHED FOR.

11. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    :feel_good:THIS IS WHAT MAKES THE B.O.C A TRUE (BROTHERHOOD).:feel_good:

12. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    That's awesome. I hope you two get to do some fishing.

I was at the ramp a couple weeks ago, and another guy was launching at the same time. And we got to talking about how it's a shame we couldn't find anybody to go fishing with us on such a beautiful day. I wish my grandpa was still around, he'd be there in a heartbeat.