Sad, sad news, for the fans, of the show 'Deadwood'

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    From what I have read from HBO, they are not renewing the show this season.

Can anyone tell me WHO are the idiots that run the networks now? The Neilson or whatever ratings are WHO? Anyway, another network did the same thing to Farscape a few years back and the fans pushed until they did a movie to end the series, instead of leaving it hanging in mid air. Not sure how many years it took, a couple maybe? but the network made the ending, due to fan dedication. I wonder if the same will happen with this series that HBO got so many addicted to?

The fans aren't too happy over there on HBO about it. And the world turns.........

Anyone else out there as bummed as I am about the cancellation?
    I know there are a few fans here, as I started a thread in the SOC area some time back about Deadwood.

Take care.
    Cheryl

2. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Sad. Big fan of the show but not HBO. Watched em all on video cept what's not out yet. So you are ahead of me. I've heard it said many times that people in the industry just don't think westerns are money makers but been a fan since I was a kid.
    :sad2:

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Like bootshowl says..... I'd watch em out here in California......maybe they decided to put something on that was more politically correct.... less sucking or some stoooopid thing.... who knows about the holy wooood pull in this world. maybe they pissssed some one off, or kilt some wrong person.

bayrunner ray

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Now, that really sucks. Love the series.

Just watched all 5 seasons of "Six Feet Under", enjoyed that until the last season or so. Got kinda wacky.

Will miss Deadwood, but I am sure something else will catch our eye. Thanks for the heads up Cheryl.

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well that bites, that was one of my favorite shows, like it better than the Sopranos. Ive also heard this is the last season for Rome and Sopranos as well.
    I never could get into Six Feet Under. I guess its time to fire off a few emails to HBO.:sad2:

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Not Rome too, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Perhaps it's all just a nasty rumor, and JR wasn't shot???????? Wish it could be that simple, a joke on the fans, but not from what I've read. Sorry about being the bearer of bad news. Glad I have all of the episodes, for rerun watching.

Take care.
    Cheryl

8. Ketch M

Ketch M New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hi Cheryl,
    My wife read somewhere that they are making two full length movies about Deadwood to tie all the happenings together. You are right the sopranos are coming back in April for their last season.
    Regards: Ketch M

9. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    At least The Shield will be out again this year.

They probably got rid of Deadwood because they were making some of the other actors on various shows look like amateurs. Man, those guys can act, and I liked the fact that it was a little more historically accurate instead of showng a freshly showered Western star riding off into the sunset.

I am also going to miss Woo and his pigs.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Shawn,

I bet those pigs were cheaper than what we are paying now for outlaws. Plus I learned where an old saying came from, and those pigs worked it out for me. :crazy:

Take care.
    Cheryl

P.S. For anyone wanting to see it, most Blockbusters have the entire Seasons of it, or at least the first 2, don't know about the 3rd season.

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Cheryl, I saw a trade publication at work, they said there will be a 2hr movie for an ending. I can't say when but its coming. Hang in there. LOL
    Just call me Swearingin LOL.

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Yes, as I scanned the forum at HBO on Deadwood, it appeared that was in the works but nothing positive yet. Or perhaps I didn't read enough. I may have to go and check it out again one day next week. I forget it's there, you know, I have a hard time leaving the BOC. :cool2:

Thanks for all the responses.

Take care.
    Cheryl

13. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    I heard that ROME is done after this season as well. :sad2:

14. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i never really got into it, i liked the sopranos but deadwood didnt do anything for me