Sad Day.....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ShilohRed, Mar 4, 2008.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Well for the first time in 30+ years I do not have a boat.:sad2: i got my first boat when I was 10 years old. I was raised on the Tn river and we had a dock on the river. So I could ride my bike down to the river and jump in the boat.

Now I am with out one. Most years I had 2 or more at any time. So now I will just have to wait until the new Lund makes it in. And then its boat time again.
    pete

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Well!!!!! Bless it little pea picking heart.:big_smile:

3. Veets

Veets Member

State:
    Illinois
    :cry::cry:
    You're breaking my heart Red. All I ever had was a Montgomery Ward 12 foot V-bottom aluminum row boat that I could never handle. I had to wait til I was 60 to get that. Ended up donating it to the place I used to work.

As far as growing up near water... I grew up a fair distance from Lake Michigan and the Chicago River. Had to take a bus if I wanted to go fishing. Although I could walk to the park to catch bullheads and crayfish.

You're a LUCKY guy to have had what you had growing up. But then I know you know that. I'm just looking for some sympathy so you'll consider taking me for a ride in you new Lund.

:wink:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'd feel for ya Pete but I can't reach ya. LOL! Hang in there it won't be long. Probably around october or so. LOL! That sucks!

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia

LOL! Wil, Pete is gonna get you! :crazy:

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Willard Thanks it always nice to know I can count on you Buddy.

Veets when I was growing up I always thought everyone else has it made. But later on I figured out how lucky I was. Been poor and raised on the river. Had it good points. Never went hungry. And could see the river from my bedroom window. Now it was 600+ yards away. but it was here. You could smell that sweet smell of the river most days. Man I sure miss that.
    And buddy if I can get there. You have a ride.

Mr George. I received a call this evening and the Paint date on my boat is the 13th of this month and the shipping date is the 17th. So I should have it by the end of the month.
    Dealer called to let me know it was about to be on its way. And to check and make sure on a few things on the motor.

Paul Willard is just like a bad Nickle .. It just keeps on showing up.:eek:oooh:
    Also if I do not like that E-Tec its your fault and Willard's LOL

Pete

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Heck Pete, I was gonna offer you my sympathies but you got a new one coming in soon?! Hange in there brother, your new toy is on the way?!
    Till then, you got my sympathies for now:big_smile:. I hope that you're on the water soon enough.

8. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Bless your heart buddy no boat is the pits, here is a picture of MINE for you to drool on and snuggle up to stay warm til yours gets here. Our boat has your name written all over it if you ever want to use it again.hehehe Hang in r Pete.

Attached Files:

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Jim that hurts.. I sure enjoyed that boat for a lot of years. And I know it has a great home now. That is sure a great looking boat there.
    Thanks buddy.
    pete

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Pete, you got to look at the bright side.
    This is probally the smartest you've been in 30+ years.:wink:

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I will agree with that LOL Best days of owning a boat.First day and the day you sell it.
    So I have 2 best days in one month. LOL:smile2:
    Pete

12. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well look at it this way to have had a boat and lost it is better then never to have had and want one LOL one day my boat will come in [when I can afford it] Someday

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hang in there Pete. The suffering must be horrendous waiting for a whole month! Surely some of your BOC Brothers will have pity on your poor soul and get you out on the river.:smile2:

14. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Hey Pete. I have in my possession a rubber duck raft that the grand kids play in and you are welcome to it buddie.:wink:

Paul That ole wart just wants you guys to feel sorry for him but it ain't hunting in this field. Pete that decision on the e-tech was a smart one you old goat.
    OBTW I am going sat. and check the water temps at the river and if its coming up then the wall-eye should be running in another week or so.

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Bank fishing aint so bad. Just keep your hat bill down low and ya wont see them boats go by.

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    dont worry Pete your ship will be in soon.clean your fishing box so you will be ready this spring.smokey

17. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Whaaaaaaa! Pete, gimme a break! LOL No BOAT? For what? 2 or 3 weeks? Man, that's gotta be a killer to not have a BOAT for 2 or 3 weeks! Gosh, just think of all the things you can do besides FISHING. Let's see, you can sit on the computer and read about all of us that WILL be FISHING this and the next few weekends, or you can go sit in the parking lot at the dam and watch OTHER people go FISHING in their BOATS. Or you could go to the local BOAT dealer and just walk around wishing your new BOAT was here so YOU could go FISHING. Or you could grab a FISHING ROD and sit on your deck casting and pretending that you were out FISHING. You might even catch a CRAPPIE if you use enough imagination while your FISHING from the deck. :smile2::wink::crazy: