Sad Day Today.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dano, May 10, 2007.

1. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brought tears to my eyes. There are some pic's somewhere on this site of my lost love. Old members saw the pics. Right now, I aint got it in me to post new ones.
    I'm sitting here, dang, it aint the same looking in my back yard under the empty cover.
    I'll get over it when I fill my truck up for gas tomorrow.
    My Boat I bought new in 92. Sold today to the highest bidder. They just left with it.
    I got what I wanted on price. It pays to take care of things.
    Got my fun, money worth out of it. Aint sure bout the fun part being over, it still has many more good years left in it. I WONT IT BACK. LOL.
    What is sad, I'm boatless. We had lots of good times in that boat. Too many good stories.
    It was fun to take a spin now and then. I cant check out all the other parts of the lake anymore. I loved doing that with wife or by myself. O well, I bank fish on my lake lot so its still good. More time on the lake lot, camp fire, BBQ and walking the shore line. I'm glad I still got lake lot.
    Anyone got a heads up on how well those blow up boats hold a hook or catfish fin. How much time to get back to bank before swimming kicks in. LOL.
    If I ever get another one. It will be a toon for the room. LOL.
    I also got a side project going that is kicking my butt but the 10t round , I came on like Rocky. . Another thread , later on that.
    Good luck fishing to all
    Tight Lines

Dano.

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i feel for you brother.. i had a boat once.. a canoe.. i loved that canoe i caught one of my first fish on that canoe.. but sadly one day it got a whole and we had to get rid of it.. thers nothin stronger than a bond between a man and his boat

3. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    I miss my boat too. Should have kept the boat and dumped the guy.:angry:

4. k5camaro

k5camaro New Member

State:
    texas
    sorry for your loss but if i keep having problems out of my P.O.S. boat i will give it to you.lol

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've always been told that a boat is just a hole in the water that you throw your money into! LOL

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hear ya, I got too many of those kind of projects. LOL
    The money for boat will come in handy for some get r done past due projects.
    I hope the people who bought it has good times in it.
    -------------------
    Billie. I wont miss putting gas in it. LOL.
    like anything else, it cost to take care of em.
    I still got a wife and truck. Both aint cheap. LOL.:tounge_out:
    --------------------------
    Note to a message I got from a member.
    I'll cowboy up and walk it off.:big_smile: :wink:

Yall have a nice day.
    I got some get r done's to do.

:0a22: :0a17: :0a20:

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm sure ya will get through it. Just like the cut finger. LOL!

8. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    slling a boat isnt really a bad thought or idea... untill its not there. the last time i sold a boat (POS) it was about the same feeling i got from my child-hood dawg diein'. i made considerable efforts 2-3 jobs, and 90- 100 hrs. a week to save and get another one. every time i got some money up it had to be used for something else. i finally backed off the schedule and just got patient. it took 2 years but i am the PROUD owner of a new boat that will probably be my final resting spot at sea. i luv it. your time will come too. if it is meant for you to have one you will. chin up brother.

9. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've parted with several dear old friends in the past years. Somehow I always manage to replace them with something newer, bigger, more powerful, and faster. They all hold special places in my heart. The memories will last forever. Sniff sniff.

I'm currently looking for a good woman with a nice boat. Please send pics of boat.

Have a nice day,

Bob

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Katmandette, is Cedar Key still the small town it was when my family & I visited it back in the late 70s or early 80s? I really liked the place. A long drive through the swamp to get there, and when you did get there, there was no where to go but back the way you came. There weren't that many tourists there when we were there; we drove up from where we lived between St. Pete & Clearwater. We left there and moved back to Arkansas in 1983.

11. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    The road dead-ends into the Gulf.......Only one tiny little condo, two floors. The rest is pretty much the same, which is why I love it!

For some reason, tourism hasn't discovered (and ruined) the town......yet?

Mikey

12. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I feel for you but for those of you that think a boat is a money pit, try horses. At least when your not riding in the boat you dont have to keep feeding it.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Minor stuff but I told the buyer of my boat, any questions/help, , call and I can tell ya what's up. I known the boat well.
    Anyway, today he called. My wife lined him out on what he needed to know, while i was grilling.
    He and his family will get the hang of it soon. I recommend, when ya get something, unless you plan on spiting out buck on letting others take care of your toys, I suggest, checking out the whole thing. Get to know what ya got. Read the books.
    Dang, I dont like someone all over my ex- boat. LOL:angry: