Sad day in edgar county

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by malaki, Feb 23, 2006.

1. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    if youve ever used j.r. johnsons stinky cheese bait or been to his bait shop i regret to tell you he is no longer with us. he has ran the only bait and tackle shop in the county for many years where he sold his homeade stinky cheese. it one of those old shops that hasnt changed at all over the years and has everything you need. our only hope is that his brother will keep the place open.

2. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    sorry to hear that that has happened. I'm sure if all the fishermen get together and talk wiht the brother it will convince him to keep the bait shop open.

3. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    This happened here and was a great little home shop and he lived next door so you could get anything any time day or night! His wife now runs the shop! Just ring the bell and your in business! Good thing she worked with him all those years!

4. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    We have a little bait shop just down the road, She does pretty good, everybody around here keeps her going.

5. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I used to sell my fur and get my bait there. He was a good old guy. I used to go in the shop and watch them play cards when I waited on JR to get me a price for my racoon and fox pelts.

Too bad, I had to hear that.

Darrell

6. YankeeRebel

YankeeRebel New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yea Jr. Johnson was a great man. I used to go to his shop even as a kid. I am 42 years old now. Jr. was a great friend not only to me but to alot of people from all over. I used to hang out from time to time and shoot the sh!t and play cards with the "Gang" that used to come around. I was sad to hear about Jr..He was a good ol' boy and he will be sadly missed in the community of Paris and of all Edgar county. I hope his family does keep the shop going in his memory. We all lost a great man. May you rest in peace my friend. Your friend,
    Curt Taylor