Sabine River

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by thenightstalker, Jun 14, 2007.

1. thenightstalker

thenightstalker New Member

State:
    indiana
    just looking for some information on the sabine river. i live in deridder, la and ive been to the sabine scoping it out. the bridge on 190 looks like a decent place to fish. i seen a few snags caught up underneath the bridge. is the river bottom all sand? it looks like the river is in low condition. if not it must flood massivly. there a huge sand bars as if the water were down hells 5 to 15 feet.. but like i said i just do not know. any info will be appreciated

2. thenightstalker

thenightstalker New Member

State:
    indiana
    sooner or later someone is gonna pick up on this post. fished sabine river beneath the 190 dam. seen many gar. 1 gator(real small) and about 200 snakes. they were all over on the wet sand where the water was before the turbans shut down there at toledo bend. must have been mating night or something. could have been my bait flipping around in the shallows. never seen so many snakes at once. anyway, 1 run, which i think was a gar. and that was it. still lacking alot of information on this river. any info would be well appreciated. fishing near the merryville area

3. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Zach, I've never fished below the dam. I've only fished aroune Logansport. Done ok up there, but I've only fished there a few times. Most of my fishin is on the Red. Welcome to the BOC.