Sabine River

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by jstall, May 3, 2007.

1. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    The catfish are biting. Was on the river yesterday afternoon. Everyone catching fish. Rod and reel, trot line, limb line, everything catching fish. Now if the rain does not flood the river!

2. jrh_67

jrh_67 New Member

State:
    texas
    I'm glad someone here post a report on the sabine. I am planning on getting out there this sat night and fish for ops. I went early last month and caught one but I think it was a little early still. We usually put out some throwlines for channels and blues and stumplines for ops. On the stumplines we use bream but on the throwlines we'll use whatever we got handy for bait. Usually this time of year we use crawfish, you don't know if they are hittin crawfish right now do you? Keep us posted on the sabine I am always interested.

3. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Yes, they are hitting crawfish the best of all. They are hitting Perch but not as good at crawfish. Do not know about shad. Everyone said, the Opps were biting slow. The places I usually catch Opps has not produced anything so far. Good luck Saturday
    Joe

4. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Went back to the Sabine today, everyone catching catfish. The river is up and muddy. Catfish are around the ends of the sandbars. Crawfish, worms and cut bait doing good. Planing to go back tomorrow morning. Going to launch off Hwy 79. Was told they are catching large cats up there. I was fishing out of McFaddin today.
    Good fishing
    Joe

5. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Jrh; how did you do Saturday. Did you get to the river. I launched off Hwy 79 yesterday, Sunday. Did not do well. Only very small cats, no keepers
    Joe

6. jrh_67

jrh_67 New Member

State:
    texas
    Didn't make it.......Sick grandma and she is in the hospital now. I might make it this weekend though.....