Sabiki, What Size Rigs

Discussion in 'Skipjack Herring' started by puddle jumper, Oct 7, 2009.

1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    OK guys,
    Now I know a bunch of you guys use them from my other poll, Went to look at getting a bunch and man there are a ton to choose from, size rigs, main line "LB" size, and hook size,,,:eek:oooh:
    What do you guys use???
    Also how much weight do you put on them "1/2oz" ???
    Thanks for all the info,,,:wink:
    Puddle

Oh,, I got 24 P-line rigs on the way,,
    #6 hooks on all

*12 rigs,,size #12
    and
    *12 rigs,, size #8

2. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    What happend to the Sabiki guys???:eek:oooh:
    LOL
    Puddle

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    The ones I use have smaller hooks probably size 8 or 10 , but the bigger hooks will probably catch bigger skippies. Fish enough weight on the end of it to get a cast to where you want to fish. I have used 1oz. on the sabiki before to be able to cast to where the fish were. Hope this helps. Good luck with the bait catching.

4. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I use #10 and #12 with 10# line and a 1/2 oz weight or even a 1/4 oz crappie jig. I haven't fished for herring with them yet, but they work great for crappie, bream and white perch for bait.

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    all depends on what size skips your wanting....obviously with a huge sabiki its tough to catch the little ones, and the big skips wont chase the small sabiki as much as they dont see it as much of a meal. however if ur just trying to catch some skips...go with the smaller one because a ton of little ones with only a few big ones is better than just a few big ones