SABIKI RIG ??

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jan 24, 2010.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    ANYONE USE THEM ???

KINDA LOOKING FOR A MULTIPLE HOOK RIG FOR CATCH ALOT OF GILLS....

THINKING ABOUT THE BAIT LIGHT AND USING THE CAST NET....

LeRoy

2. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Sleekcraft, I'm not sure about using a sabiki rig for bluegill. You might ask BigG. He's a sabiki master!

3. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I don't think a Sabiki is the answer. They work well with schooling bait fish in open water. Most bluegill stick to the cover, and they aren't as aggressive, as say, school of mackerel. I've never tried a trap for bluegill or sunfish, but that may be a better solution. I also don't think a Sabiki rig is legal where you fish.

4. catter62

catter62 New Member

State:
    texas
    I don't think they work well with gills. I tried it once in a spot where they were tearing up nightcrawlers and didn't get a single hit.

5. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I would use a trap. It would be the second best way next to ultra lite rod and reel. I just prefer catching them on rod and reel because it is fun. I use a trap for small bluegill and it works great. I put it out and an hour later there is plenty of bluegill in there for a day of fishing. That is in a lake that the blue gill are over populated though. They just stocked some walleye in there to eat up some of the blue gill.

6. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think it's like any thing else, depends on the day and conditions. Sometimes they work pretty good off a dock, or other structure you can release straight down, other times it's worms or traditional jigs. Just gotta offer it up and see what they like that day.

7. Lee miller

Lee miller New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You should check your fishing regulations before using sabiki rigs or a cast net to catch any game fish I know it is illigal here in Indiana