Sabiki Rig??

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by alpal16, Jan 31, 2009.

1. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    I have heard about these rigs and understand what they are, but what are they really good for? I assume catching bait fish, but what kind of bait fish are they good for? Can you catch gills or shad on them??

Any help to clear up my lack of Sabiki knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Hey Alex, well I am no expert on that rig but I can tell you what I primary use it for, and that is for skipjacks. They will die for that rig. Now for the other fish I am not sure but someone will answer it better for you.

3. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    they are used for skipjacks.....RAT

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    White perch tear em up in my river. Another fine bait.

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    You can use them for alot of different type's of fish ..people use them off the peirs to catch smelt and mackrel ocean perch squid the fish tear them up

6. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Blueback herring in Lake Lanier.... And any sort of small baitfish in the ocean...

7. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I use them down id Fl. to get cigar minnows and goggle eyes for grouper and snapper. I know that people use them in the Delaware river for herring.

8. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I mainly use them for herring and white perch but have caught few gizzard shad, small large mouth and small stripers while catching herring under lights. pin fish, spanish mackeral, american shad and one small channel cat about 2 lbs. havent got to try for skip jacks yet but to get somewhere to give that a shot.