Sabers

Discussion in 'NHL Talk' started by zappaf19, Oct 19, 2006.

1. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Watched the Sabers play the Flyers and Sabers won 9 to 1. I heard someone got fired on the flyers. But never found out who got canned. Was it the goalie?
    Bill

2. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Buffalo is for real this year! They are off to a great start and seem to be the team to beat in the east. The Fliers on the other hand are 1-4-1 and have placed veteran center Peter Nedved on waivers, if he clears waivers he will be sent down to the minors. Looks like Philly is sending the message that they are not going to tolerate lack of production, even if you are an NHL veteran who makes 2.35 million. I really like this Buffalo team, with 6 games played they are still undefeated.

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    My son got me watching the Sabers. I watched them in the play offs last year and, well they stunk. I am hoping they can play as well in the play offs as they have played so far.
    Bill

4. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Somehow I think if they keep playing the way that they have this season so far that they will be ok in the playoffs.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Buffalo is looking real good so far! I remember the very first NHL game I ever attended was The Pittsburgh Penguins vs. The Buffalo Sabres. It was a 1979 playoff game. My friend and I camped out and got tickets in the 1st row. I was only in the 10th grade, we were so excited it was unreal. Well the Sabres won the game but the memory sticks with me to this day!:smile2: Oh yeah the ticet price was $12.50, those same seats now are $125.00 and thats for a regular season game! How times have changed!

6. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Isn't that the truth! The sad thing is that if hockey tickets were more affordable I'd go to so many more games than I do now. I'm content staying at home and watching my team play on TV and saving a ton of money. I'm actually hoping that we can get a minor league hockey nearby so that I can go to live games without going broke.

Anyways back to the topic of the Sabres, they are still undefeated, it will be interesting to see how long they can keep the streak alive.

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Sabres are now 10-0!:eek:oooh: New NHL record to start the season!

8. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    These guys are the real deal! The Sabres tied the 1993-94 start of the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Sabres can break the record at home Saturday against Atlanta.

Any predictions on how many more games these guys can go before they do lose a game? I predict they will beat the record and won't lose a game until Sunday Nov. 5th against the Rangers.