sabbot question

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by whodaman, Feb 21, 2008.

1. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    how do i know if i bought the right grain of sabbot i got 295 grain with 777 pellets is that right or wrong

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Shoot them in your rifle. If it shoots good groups, then you'll know.

3. bc179whitetail

bc179whitetail New Member

State:
    St.Louis Missouri
    Corey

It just depends on how you hunt. I use a 223 grain polymer tip from powerbelt. Also with a lighter bullet I only use 2 pellets of powder. The light bullet flies with less drop. The deer in my avatar ran less than 60 yards. Perfect heart shot he scores 179 3/4

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    It really depends on what the rifle likes.What shoots good in yours might not shoot good in mine,you will have to experiment a little until you find what shoots the best.

5. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    first you need to thruogh them sabbots in the trashcan. and shoot a bullit that doesn't use a two part deal. powerbelt is a great choice but a choice nun the less hek I belive the older maxxie balls are much better that sabbots.
    Me and everyone else I know did the trial-n-airer and I dont think that anyone I know can say that they ever got a Sabbot to shoot acurate enough to trust in the woods deer hunting. Yes they are cheep but for about 3 more bucks you'll save 20 bucks on the asprines for the headace and trouble.

6. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    i dont agree with you leroy them sabbots in a in-line muzzle loader are deadly if you use the right amount of pyrodex. if you use two 50 grain pyrodex pellets the bullet wont summer sault and you will shoot a tighter group. i can shoot a 3" group at 100 yards if you get your self a shooting vice you can put them in almost same area.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I shoot Barnes Expander - MZ sabots in my traditions pursuit pro and with 2 777 50/50 pellots it really shoots good. Power belts or sabots that I made shot better in my old renegade T/C shooting FFG pwder. So as mentioned several times above, every gun is different and you will have to experiment with different bullets, different pwders and different powder charges until you find out what works best in your gun. That being said the Barnes Expander - MZ sabots will shoot well in most of your newer inlines. Play with different grains of bullets as well and you will find the right combination for your gun.

8. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My TC Encore will shoot MOA with certain sabot rounds. It wasn't much headache to find a load it likes. Besides, that's the fun of shooting, using different loads to find one your rifle likes. Besides, the more you shoot it, the more familiar and intimate you get with your rifle, that means alot toward confidence when you make that critical shot.

9. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    man thanks guys really confused on that one just want to make sure im not gonna cause any damage by shooting the wrong bullet