S.E. Iowa Powerhouse Bash 2009

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by 1sporticus, Feb 4, 2009.

1. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi all. We are going to have the 2nd annual S.E.Iowa (Keokuk) Powerhouse Bash. 1-2 Aug 2009. We have managed to reserve Hubingers Landing right on the Mighty Mississippi river, tents camp for free, campers pay for hookups. We are having a Fishing for BRAGGING rights tournament. Last years Big fish was 29.5 lbs Bluecat, caught by Eric White, a local boy. The furthest distance traveler was won by our very own Coyote and the lovely Raven. Tournament starts at 6am, and weigh in by 4pm.
    We will be having a fish fry directly after the weigh in. We had a few vendors last year and we are going to try and have more this year, and possibly a swap meet.
    contact info Andy--- 319-795-2420
    Gilbert/Vickie 660-754-1042
    Hope to see you there.

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Andy I will bring the mirror by it's gonna take me while I been busy and what not ....(LOL) I'm diong three gatherings this yr if we can ..1 & 2 are etched on the tablets.:wink:ROCK & ROLL.:eek:oooh::smile2:.I wander if anyone is gonna catch my pole or if uh...ole boy brings my net back??? (LOL) ..You all Scobee's of Bait & More Allaxendria are some good people....Andy has some fine folks there helping OHHH :roll_eyes: August is Flatt & Blues round here uhh :confused2:this might be a little ugly....Eric's boat that day in JULY looked like a prize fishers boat if I ever saw one...it was loaded with 15-29.9 lbs cats....He had a haul and It was a nice one..looked like a mercial boat:crazy::wink:..this yr I predick a 40- 60 lber big fish I will be at my designated location if the levels er right other wise I aint tellin:wink::smile2::cool2:CHAKA CHING! Andy my teeth hurt put us down fer couple cheesecakes:smile2::wink: I gotta go check the boat over again:cool2:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Gonna try and make it again this year Andy.Had a good time last yr.Hopefully I'll get to do a bit of fishing this time.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Oh its silly season in late July early gust round here never know if yer gonna catch a monster or boat full vittles...Fishin be good :wink:

5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If my non resident MO license works I'll try and schedule it too.

6. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi Jim, the beauty of this particular place is you can either put your boat in and go a mile south, or just cross the bridge and your in Mo. So yes you can use your Mo. license. Also Illinois and of course Iowa. Hope to see you. Later Andy

7. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Hey Andy...Clod and I are talking about trying to come over this year. Better save us a spot....Please.....

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well Rusty, you know I will. Good to hear from you.How is everything? Later Andy

9. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Everything is going well here if it would only warm up a little. I am having withdrawals from not getting on the water. I have almost got next years wood all cut and home so I will be ready for the warmer weather and some fishing.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jim I dont know if you can fish "The Wall!!" ??might be to far in I dont totaley understand the boundry water stuff???

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Oh and what Andy said:wink: Jim:roll_eyes: Shoo lets do some fishing(LOL)

12. pitbull33

pitbull33 New Member

State:
    missouri
    sounds liek alot of fun

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Andy can we have a fire(LOL):crazy::eek:oooh::crazy::smile2::cool2:

14. construction0226

construction0226 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sounds like fun! I live in Des Moine just wondering how soon we need to make reservations?

15. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well if your going to tent camp, it's free, if you want a camper spot with hook ups it's going to cost you. Also if you want a motel room you'll probably want to make a reservation.
    Well Kenny I'm thinking the fire is out for now. They was getting a little bristly if you know what I meen. I told them you was off the fire detail this year, LOL and then they started to settle down.
    I'm going to post some Motel #'s after I talk with them, I'm trying to get a cut rate. The camper prices haven't been settled yet, I'll post them when I know also.
    So far this is starting to shape up. Later Andy

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    dang it ..have you seen that pile wood down there (LOL):crazy::eek:oooh::wink::roll_eyes:
    ...Gotta knock the cook off his thrown(LOL) Eric is frien aint he??? Rick & cheri said there looking forward to comming and will help with slaw er something again.Magine Kevin will come too...we aint gonna be out wack this yr and its in the heart of silley season ...I have had nights on bank & in the boat that were outstanding round this time of yr......I cant wait:roll_eyes:..I dont know if I am gonna survive two maybe three gatherings this yr:crazy::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:It's gonna be a good summmer....off the charts someone stop me now(LOL):roll_eyes::cool2:

17. construction0226

construction0226 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks Andy for the info on reservations. We'll probably bring our pull behind so I'll just wait to hear about the details. Also wondering if you or Andy could let me know if people needed to bring anything for the gathering? Thanks.:roll_eyes:

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    (LOL) Last year in July we had some extended circumstances...we was way high and the flood had everything out of wack....This year we should be way better ...little later in the heart of "SILLEY SEASON!" oh yeah...
    I call it Silley season cause this time of year its straight silly round here fishing when the conditions are normal...be bagging and tagging Kitteys like you wouldnt believe...it dont matter if your on bank or in a boat either....we have decent fishing in these parts and ya throw buch crazy catters on the riverfront anything can happen:wink:......anyone who has never attended a gathering...you should cause the folks here on the B.O.C are second to none....its off the hook....I was wound fer a week last yer I dont think I slept more then a hr. or two that whole week:smile2: we was beer and dreniline fueled.....This yr aint gonna be no differebnt:wink:I is clownin and funnin all summer long....CHASING MOBEY ...gotta have it:cool2:

19. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    There has been some talk amoung the Des Moines Bridge Brothers about coming down, hopefully when we get together to put together our gathering we can discuss this as well, always nice to meet new folks...

Is a boat needed for the gathering? I don't think we have one to pull down... atleast I don't yet

20. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It's on!!:roll_eyes: