?s about the charlotte area

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jgr220, May 8, 2009.

1. jgr220

jgr220 New Member

State:
    P.A.
    Guys I am down for the week from P.A. for family events staying in pineville and i'm looking for good local fishing in the area and where to get good info on all species of fish. Primarily I fly fish for everything but also like bait casting for Lg cats back home can yins point me to some good bass streams and cat spots. thx GO PENS!

2. bowler man

bowler man Active Member

State:
    nc
    you are in a great place for fishin, lake norman is full of big blues and flatties , if numbers is what you want lake wylie is full of everthing from eager largemouth to boat loads of 5lb channels,and you can catch a cooler full of white perch in either. good luck

3. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    if u can drive a little ways badin is great too any of the yadkin lakes tuckertown high rock whereever u can find some water

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Was that you I saw fly-fishing out of a canoe on Lake Norman today????:eek:oooh::smile2:

Lots of channel cats are shallow in spawning mode right now on Wylie and Norman, and I would bet fly-fishing would pay off near some brush and trees. :wink:

5. jgr220

jgr220 New Member

State:
    P.A.
    Na that wasn't me just somebody that looks like me.:cool2: Is normans outflow bottom discharge? didn't bring gear this time but next time going to at least bring something to fish with. Btw are the strippers in the lake hybrids or pure breds? Would love to hook into a fish over 15# my bigest up home was 12#.

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    You would be better going to Hickory toget 1 that big. Most on Norman are in the 5-6 lb range

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "....are the strippers in the lake hybrids or pure breds?...."

The "strippers" are only in the lake in the summer when the water is warm, and you can find them in "party cove" topless and drunk around all the other boats. :smile2::tounge_out: 90% are "pure breds", but a few are hybrids (work at Hooters and strip). :big_smile:

As for the stripers, they are not hybrids. :wink: