S.A.R.L

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by guppie, May 28, 2008.

1. guppie

guppie New Member

State:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well took the wife out fishing Sat night. We both got off work and went down there. Somewhere I read feed the fish what they eat everyday. Well went to the shop and got some shad and sure nough what kept getting hit the shad. Missed 5 landed two. The last one was on a worm soaking for over an hour. Packing up to leave at 11pm wife is cold so she goes to the car. I see my trout pole bobber jingle. Then bam fish on. I start yelling to my wife so she can bring the net. 4lb test and this fish was a runner. Great fight wife never came and I landed a 3lb cat. Kept my shad and went back Monday. Went to the same spot (next to the boat dock) for nothing. Then went over to Chris's pond on the very back side and between 11a and 1230p landed 3 cats all on shad and hog wild original. All in all great time with my wife and fun day catching fish. I'll probably be there again this Sat all the catfish there puting in there should be fun. I have pics but they are probably to large to post.

2. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Congrads on a great day of fishing!! All that matters is that you and your wife had a good time!! I take my wife almost everytime I go out. She loves to go and she's a dang good fisherman also or should I say fisherwoman!!:smile2:

3. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA

if you cut up your fish into 6 pieces you have 6 1lbders lol, tell you what, to cheat a little, run by the market and pick up a few whole cats and show her :smile2:

4. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Nice work guppie!! Sounds like 2 days of pretty decent fishing. I was at SARL about a week and a half ago during the evening hours and ended up with 2 eater size cats and missed about 3 or 4. I was able to meet up with a buddy of mine that night which was cool since I usualy fish by myself. They are pretty nice little ponds to fish and are heavily stocked. I really enjoy getting out there whenever I can. I hope to see you out there sometime brother. Thanks for the report.

Brandon

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Well done Guppie. Good to know they are bitting.
    Hi Brandon, How have ya been bro?
    I am trying to decide where to go tomorrow, either SARL or Irvine. I bought this new dip bait called SEcret 7 dip bait.

Jaime

6. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Hey Jaime,

I have been pretty good, how have you been? I have wanted to fish Irvine for the longest time but I still have never been there. I live in La Verne so it would take me a lot longer to drive to Irvine which is probably why I go to SARL most of the time especialy with gas prices rising by the minute. I hear a lot of good things about Irvine lake, both lakes sound good Jaime, you probably can't go wrong with either one. If it were up to me though I'd probably just go with the closest drive since they are both pretty heavily stocked.

Jaime you have me curious about this Secret 7 dip bait. I have tried hog wild, bowkers, danny kings, and sonny's which are all good dip baits but I've never heard of this Secret 7. Are you planning on using it with Looper's Rigs or dipping cut baits into it? You will have to let me know how well it works for you. I wish I was able to get out and fish tomorrow but I'll be a work instead. I'll have to wait until Tuesday night when I head over to SARL for the evening session. I hope to meet up with you and fish together sometime. Good luck tomorrow bro!!!

Brandon

7. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Brandon, Irvine lake is just a couple of more miles down the freeway from SARL and then a short drive out Chapman Ave and Santiago Cyn rd. At most it would add 20 minutes to your drive mainly because of traffic on Chapman. You should give it a try.

8. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Thanks Tom, that's not nearly as bad as I thought it was then. For some reason I was thinking that it was a lot farther than that to get to Irvine Lake. I'll have to give it a try one of these days.