Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to Mr. Gary Ryan for a heckava night of catfishing.

No more Hot-Dog jokes about Ryang. He shattered his PB for Flatheads tonight with his first 40 pounder.

And he wasn't done: He caught two more small flats and two channels. For a five fish weight of 55 pounds.

Way to go Gary!

He will post the pics ASAP, but I couldn't wait to spread the news.

· Registered
4,825 Posts
OK here is story. At the Ohio gathering on Friday night I went out to the Mighty Musk and in the Zanesville area it looked like it was running freaking hard. It was bank fishable but not sure of boating it but. Sman showed up to the gathering on Saturday and asked me if II wanted to go out on his boat later in the day. I knew that he would hitting the Muskingum so I was kind of leary. Well after driving me to Dresden I saw that the river was pretty flat at that point so my fears were soon to be stopped.

We put in the water and not 10 min later WAM I get a bite, real slow so I picked it up set the hook and the fight was on. Took me about 10 min to get it in but very much worth it :). After I got it in I had another hit on my other pole and it was another Flathead (2lbs). We took our pics and not too long after that Skip got a 38 lbr. What a freaking night. Sman I personally would bow to you as the Catfish KING we didnt take any pics of the smaller fish

40.3 - Flathead - Gman (I may have them change my name LOL)
38.7 - Skipper

Here are the pics of the hawgs that we caugh.

Attachments

· Registered
966 Posts
congrats gary and skip, yall had a great night for sure, i think the fish are definately prettier than either of you, just hope skip dont want you to replace his pink shorts :wink:lol​

· Registered
3,732 Posts
Gary, thats the best thing I heard all year! Man will your kids be proud of old dad now. One thing though, give credit where credit is due, it was the hot sauce! lmao... Great job, and thanks for getting the hot dog monkey off his back Skip....:highfive:

· Registered
2,612 Posts
CONGRATS GARY on a hog nice fish I wish my head was on straight I wouldve been there to the gathering i HAD IT IN MY HEAD IT WAS NEXT WEEKEND and here was this weekend and I was off Im pissed at myself BUT you got a nice fish and you always said you couldnt catch a biggun you lied lol

· Registered
711 Posts
Congrats on that monster Flat Gary! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Congrats to Skippy too on a great night. Glad to see there are still some great fish being caught out there.

Reactions: ryang
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.